Parts needed for 2nd battery on Trek Rail 9.7

Jun 11, 2021
USA
Hey crew, I'm about to pick up a 9.7 and am purchasing a 2nd battery. Besides the battery cover is there anything else you need? I want to ride with 2 batteries and just swap quickly on the trail. I've been mtbing for 31 years, and owned likely 40+ mtbs in that time. This will be my first Trek!

markloch

May 14, 2021
NorCal
Hey crew, I'm about to pick up a 9.7 and am purchasing a 2nd battery. Besides the battery cover is there anything else you need? I want to ride with 2 batteries and just swap quickly on the trail. I've been mtbing for 31 years, and owned likely 40+ mtbs in that time. This will be my first Trek!

I'm assuming you're getting the 625 Wh battery. If you get a 500, you'll need a spacer. In either case, in addition to the cover, you'll need the lower battery cover, the handle assembly, and associated screws. See page 9 of the sticky at the top of this forum, Trek Rail Parts Diagram - Carbon.

I swapped the cover, etc from the 500 that came on the Rail 5 with a 625, thinking I'd carry the 500 for very long rides. Thus far I haven't had to carry it as my longest ride as been 30 miles, 5000 ft climb/descent, and I came home with power left. I'm thinking I'll have the 500 at hand for days when I come back home (or back to the car) and want to ride before the 625 can recharge.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles