Trek Rail 9.7 Motor Mount Part Number

Lecollazo

May 7, 2021
USA
Hi,

Looking for the part number of left and right motor mount brackets for my Rail.

The local dealer is moving slow on finding the part number.

9052086B-C3FE-41E4-B19B-08845BDFEF43.jpeg

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Hi,

Looking for the part number of left and right motor mount brackets for my Rail.

The local dealer is moving slow on finding the part number.

View attachment 60825
You might struggle, I tried a few service/dealers & was told not available separately.
The bolts worked loose & damaged plate tightened & was good for 5 months came loose again last week, happens again will have to reluctantly take to bike shop for warranty (motor?)

Lecollazo

May 7, 2021
USA
You might struggle, I tried a few service/dealers & was told not available separately.
The bolts worked loose & damaged plate tightened & was good for 5 months came loose again last week, happens again will have to reluctantly take to bike shop for warranty (motor?)

Thanks, right know the bicycle is at the dealer. One mount is broke and one of the screw cannot be removed because the nut is spinning. They are working on that.

I will update as soon new information is provided by the dealer.

JMD

Jul 26, 2019
Staffordshire
Thanks, right know the bicycle is at the dealer. One mount is broke and one of the screw cannot be removed because the nut is spinning. They are working on that.

I will update as soon new information is provided by the dealer.
You'll be getting a new motor, I'm assuming it's under warranty

Last edited:

Lecollazo

May 7, 2021
USA
A new motor was covered under warranty. It takes 4 months to have the bike running again.

The photo shows the broken bracket.

The motor was on back order from Bosch.

Lecollazo

May 7, 2021
USA
I need the bolts prat number that hold those plates on or at least the size pitch etc. two of mine sheared right off I just discovered.

Did you remove the motor from the frame?

If you are having problems with the screws that hold the motor to the frame maybe the problem is the nuts that are part of the plates and they get loose.

ezliven

Feb 9, 2023
United States
My 2020 Rail 9.7 had a creaking noise for some time. The creaking was minor at first but got progressively worse to the point others riding near me could hear it. I had taken all the pivot points apart and cleaned and retorqued them and cleaned seat post but still did not fix the creaking noise. Finally the only thing left was the motor mounting. I had noticed while holding the brake and stepping on the crank that the motor had a slight movement to it. I removed the motor and found the bolts for the motor mounting bracket were loose and one had broken off. I was able to remove the broken bolt. For some reason Bosch had installed them with tamper proof bolt heads and did not have any lock-tite on them. I removed the other 3 loose bolts and installed 4 new M5-18 X 16mm bolts with regular allen heads. Installed them with lock-tite blue and torqued them to 6 nm. Reinstalled them motor and have 2 rides for 40 miles and not more creaking. Bracket shown in the attachment.

Attachments

• Mount.pdf
    73 KB · Views: 55

Stihldog

Handheld Power Tool
Subscriber
Jun 10, 2020
Coquitlam, BC
With our warranty’s starting to run out some repair centres are popping up on both sides of the pond.

A replacement motor can be expensive. For my neighbour the only option, at the time, was for him was to replace the Bosch CX motor after some bracket screws had sheathed off. (Drive-side). Removing the broken bolts/screws from the magnesium casing was impossible without damaging the threads. The slight movement of the bracket had also caused the small mounting holes to become oval. @Bearing Man helped me navigate thru the logistics of repairs and delivery.

Apparently is easy for anyone living in the EU. He provided the name of a service centre in Gaspe, Quebec Canada. Cyclo Chrome. Their response to my emails were fast and delivery took a few days (week?). After following a few instructions I was able to assemble a spare motor.

At this time I also realized the importance of a bearing seal kit for the Bosch motor.

IMG_6755.jpeg

The final price was very reasonable. I’ve forwarded this information to a few other riders whose Bosch motors have failed after the warranty has expired. I’m not sure if there is a service centre in the US.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles