Time to confess about dropper post !

mak

🦷
Dec 27, 2019
uk
Ok, I get it, all the YouTube vids of how it allows you to get the seat out the way on mega down hill rocky sections and allows you to move around the rear of the bike without obstruction.

I also note how all of these guys can pedal without sitting down.

My confession is its the greatest invention for just getting on and off the bike :(
I really cannot pedal while standing up, maybe its because I'm lazy and any opportunity to sit down is a given.
I will confess to having no mountains near me just the usual lack lustre rides but for now the dropper post is the greatest invention ever for just getting on and off the bike although it appears its only me that realises that's what its for in real life (y)

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
If you get a Specialized Wu, it's also to stop anyone ever having babies it comes up so fast. They're also really handy for holding your beer at just he right height when you're tired after a ride (sitting or otherwise).

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Just on my my 5th pint, i will give it a go for my 6th when i can find a chair to sit down on next to the bike :)
Be careful you don't spill it, I have these special Whisky glasses designed to be used with bike saddles ..

whisky.jpg

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Ok, I get it, all the YouTube vids of how it allows you to get the seat out the way on mega down hill rocky sections and allows you to move around the rear of the bike without obstruction.

My confession is its the greatest invention for just getting on and off the bike :(
I really cannot pedal while standing up, maybe its because I'm lazy and any opportunity to sit down is a given.
I will confess to having no mountains near me just the usual lack lustre rides but for now the dropper post is the greatest invention ever for just getting on and off the bike although it appears its only me that realises that's what its for in real life (y)
Standing up and pedalling when attacking trails is just the next step for you. It gets easier the more you do it. But that being said, with an Ebike it is easy to be lazy.

Mikerb

May 16, 2019
Weymouth
A dropper post has more than 2 positions! Fully raised should be the ideal height for pedalling on tarmac or flat terrain, fully slammed is where it should be for steep descents. Somewhere in between is ideal for seated pedalling on single track ( on an EMTB) lowering you centre of balance and enabling an easy transition the ready position; and depending on your cockpit fit probably the best position for climbing.

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
A dropper post has more than 2 positions! Fully raised should be the ideal height for pedalling on tarmac or flat terrain, fully slammed is where it should be for steep descents. Somewhere in between is ideal for seated pedalling on single track ( on an EMTB) lowering you centre of balance and enabling an easy transition the ready position; and depending on your cockpit fit probably the best position for climbing.

THIS.

Doug Stampfer

Jul 7, 2018
NZ
Technical riding requires frequent standing.
Interesting. All my technical climbing involves climbing roots. I've found anytime I'm off the saddle the back wheel spins. I'm working on my seated climbing attack position. I'm really impressed how well these things climb - reminds me sometimes of a tank climbing up the side of a building

apac

Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
I would say the most difficult physical part of mountain biking is shifting body weight around constantly... including when climbing. But what do I know... I think my body is just bigger than it should be?

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany

Follow up confession: they're also quite nice when waiting at traffic lights while commuting. It's simply more comfy waiting with both feet planted flat on the ground than being on tippy toes on one side.

Aikone

May 28, 2021
UK
They’re pretty handy locally for getting through livestock gates, also for fitting the bike in the back of the car!

7869hodgy

Jul 15, 2020
Reading

+1 Was discussing this with my cycling buddy yesterday saying he should get one. We are XCers on normal bikes so no real need for a dropper but bloody convenient to stop the embarrassing tippy toes balance fails!!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles