Thule Easyfold XT 2 lights

Simmo3801

Mar 26, 2022
Midlothian
So my Thule Easyfold XT 2 arrived today, I fitted it to my car and checked the lights worked. It has left and right indicators, a fog light, brake lights and a reversing light but no actual tail lights! What's the point of that??!!

Anyone have a cheap work around that doesn't involve wiring? I'm thinking a couple of cheap bike rear lights fixed to it which although not legal at least shows I thought about it!!

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
It must have rear tail lights by law - same as any trailer. The new Thules are a 13 pin tow bar connection. Are you using a 7-13 pin adapter?

Possibilities are the 7-13 pin adapter is faulty, wiring fault in towbar or a wiring/manufacturing fault in the bike carrier.

Hope you get it sorted, hopefully something simple.

Simmo3801

Mar 26, 2022
Midlothian
It must have rear tail lights by law - same as any trailer. The new Thules are a 13 pin tow bar connection. Are you using a 7-13 pin adapter?

Possibilities are the 7-13 pin adapter is faulty, wiring fault in towbar or a wiring/manufacturing fault in the bike carrier.

Hope you get it sorted, hopefully something simple.
I've a 13 pin connection. Description says 5 way lights which I didn't pay heed to before so that'll be left, right, fig, reverse and brake u fortunately

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
I’m sure it’s: indicators, brakes, side lights, fog, reverse - so a fault somewhere. Thule wouldn’t market a non-legal carrier in the uk.

jimbob

Aug 3, 2020
East UK
It definitely has side lights (I have one). My guess is the towbar electrics aren't working properly as they often corrode out where they're exposed to all of the road crap thrown up at them.

Simmo3801

Mar 26, 2022
Midlothian
Yeah I think there's a wiring issue as well so I'll get it looked at by an auto spark and hopefully sort it.

Thanks for all your replies

Ian986

Apr 21, 2021
Surrey
Make sure you twist it in all the way as I had a similar issue when I bought mine just pushed in and did not twist enough

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles