Status
Not open for further replies.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
@PaoloBLEvo is it possible to add acceleration adjust and shuttle mode to eco trail and turbo modes so they can be adjusted differently for each mode?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Will blevo always show the correct total distance of the motor? Or will it only start tracking correct distance from the day I bought blevo?
The total distance is stored in the motor, not in the App. If the the speed is hacked this value is wrong. What BLEvo does is to adjust this value in function the speed hacked, but can be wrong because it depends from when the speed was hacked..

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
The total distance is stored in the motor, not in the App. If the the speed is hacked this value is wrong. What BLEvo does is to adjust this value in function the speed hacked, but can be wrong because it depends from when the speed was hacked..
Okay, I thought that was the case then.
I'm not sure when mine was hacked so will have to use BLevo to track from now on then :) I input my correct circumference and will be going for a ride of 60kms today to test out again. Thanks!

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
The new version of BLEvo 3.3.3 for iOS is available on the Apple Store. I implemented the navigator functionality through WayPoints.
Look at the following video in which I explain how to do:

The video is in Italian, but you can use the subtitle functionality of Youtube.

These are all the news:
- Now the automatic pause resumes only if the speed is greater than 2km / h
- Added on the Marker map with the name specified in the GPX
- Added on the map Waypoints specified in the GPX
- Added voice message when you are near a waypoint or Marker with name
- Now you can remove GPX files
- Now the display of the battery status in the map is green if charged and red if it is discharged
- Bugfix: now when BLEvo starts, it does not disable any active audio player
- Bugfix: now even with the screen off, the recording will continue
- Bugfix: now the GPS service is stopped correctly

Enjoy your ride

Hi Paolo,

Thanks for all the updates!

I watched the video and via auto translate I understood about 70%. I think I only missed the part where you imported all my tinder matches as waypoints? My wife will going to miss me for long time this summer. :ROFLMAO:

1547116303572.png

Last edited:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Hi Paolo,

Thanks for all the updates!

I watched the video and via auto translate I understood about 70%. I think I only missed the part where you imported all my my tinder matches as waypoints? My wife will going to miss me for long time this summer. :ROFLMAO:

View attachment 9522
Previous post was just a joke Paolo!

The GPX tracks I used here are official mtb tracks in the southern part of The Netherlands. They are distributed by our tourist agency. Our tourist agency likes to add a lot of waypoints like bars, restaurants, hotels, etc. As you can see below the new BLEvo "hide waypoints function" works extremely good:

1547116548574.png

So here you only have left all the start and end points of each route. This new function offers me a lot of value while I am now very easily able to start for example on the orange route then jump to the red route where they touch each other and so on and so on. With my new Levo I already see that where I normally rode one track with my non assisted bike, I now easily ride two trails.

Thanks for your support and keep up with all the good work!

RobertK

Sep 11, 2018
Poland
Paolo, are you saying that with the speed hack in place on the MC app, we can still get correct tracking using the BLEVO app from wheel circumference ?

I bought BLEVO back in Oct 2018 when I bought my 2019 Expert. I believe the speed hack was applied through the MC app by setting wheel circumference to 800, this was done by a third party.
At present I don’t use either MC or BLEVO as I didn’t think with the speed hack in place they work accurately?
I’m am now using an app called Endomondo for tracking all my rides via GPS tracking. But I’d like to use BLEVO with the HR system for FAT burning by automatically adjusting motor assistance according to my live heart rate. When I used this HR system in BLEVO back in Oct I didn’t find it worked at all well?
Yes you get correct tracking when you use BLEvo and change speed limit.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
i know i’m not very digital, but i cannot figure out how to bring up the english subtitles on paolo’s youtube vids. i can only get italian subtitles. any suggestions? have you guys been able to do this?

Stumpy

Staff member
Patreon
Jun 17, 2018
Essex, UK
i know i’m not very digital, but i cannot figure out how to bring up the english subtitles on paolo’s youtube vids. i can only get italian subtitles. any suggestions? have you guys been able to do this?

I just watched it in Italian - couldn’t understand a word but it sounded very relaxing and looked good :ROFLMAO:

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M

You can use the following settings but these are only available when watching Youtube via a computer but NOT via the Youtube app on a mobile device:
1547238237826.png

Left of Youtube icon select settings button, then select subtitels -> arrow to right and then choose automatic translate into your prefered language:

1547238333019.png

For example english:
1547238861668.png

Now subtitles are automatically translated:
1547238915613.png

Last edited:

Killswitch73

Sep 15, 2018
West Midlands
Just bought my Kenevo 2019 ...well 2018 . and thought MC was a load of crap and really disappointed .

so now i have paid for BLEvo and only at this moment want to just get a little extra speed 35kph .

I use my own garmin 1030 , a seperate speed sensor and cadence sensor on the crank .

so am i correct in saying it wont matter what the wheel size is set to in MC app i will get the correct speed and cadence ?

I'm not fussed for power meter readings as cadence does a virtual reading of that . and i only ever use power readings for when im out on the road bike or my home trainer .

I bought the keneveo for pure fun only not to be serious .

Brilliant app by the way and love how you can set your own 3 user settings.

Thanks

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
How much can BLEvo control “Acceleration” on the 2019 Levo with TCU v. 2.019?

I have a 2018 Levo and am considering getting a 2019 model in order to take advantage of the new 700WH battery. My early 2018 model runs battery firmware v. 2.22.3 that allows setting Acceleration from Eco to Race. I like using the higher Acceleration levels in Mission Control and with BLEvo. Specialized “dumbed down” the Acceleration with Infinite Tune v. 2.23 so max Acceleration was fixed at the Eco level (presumably for safety/liability reasons).

My question is whether BLEvo overrides Specialized’s Acceleration control and allows settings similar to those in v 2.22 (i.e., up to the old Race value). The Acceleration slider bar is shown on the BLEvo Settings page with v. 2.019, but I’m not sure whether the range is similar to that of v. 2.22 or whether it has a maximum value similar to v. 2.23 (Eco) and only goes down from there.

Paolo? Anyone who has made the comparison?
Thank you!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry but I don't understand very well your question..
The Levo 2018 has the firmware battery x.22 or x.23.. the new version of Mission Control doesn't change the acceleration value due to safety reason. BLEvo can do only with firmware x.22. If you open mission control, the value is restored to ECO.
In the Levo 2019, the acceleration is totaly different. You can have a percentage from 0 to 100% with BLEvo. In mission control you can have only 6 values in step of 20%.
And I don't remember if the TCU 2.019 handles correctly this value. The TCU 2.025 for sure does it.
It this what you want to know?

levity

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Founding Member
Feb 15, 2018
SoCal
In the Levo 2019, the acceleration is totaly different. You can have a percentage from 0 to 100% with BLEvo...
And I don't remember if the TCU 2.019 handles correctly this value...
It this what you want to know?
Thank you, Paolo. I apologize for not making myself clear.

Is BLEvo “100% Acceleration” on the 2019 Levo the same as “Race Acceleration” on the 2018 Levo with firmware v. 2.22.x?

Or, is BLEvo “100% Acceleration” on the 2019 Levo the same as the default acceleration on the 2018 Levo with firmware v. 2.23.x using Mission Control?
(I believe this default value is equivalent to “Eco Acceleration” on earlier firmware versions.)

Basically, what I want to know is whether I will be able to set the Acceleration on the 2019 Levo to give the same rapid responsiveness as when I set Acceleration to “Race” in Mission Control with v. 2.22 or to “Power” using BLEvo with v. 2.22 on my 2018 Levo.

If it ever stops raining here in “sunny” Southern California I hope to be able to test ride the 2019 Levo and compare Acceleration and responsiveness with my 2018 Levo. I really like the tunability of v. 2.22 with BLEvo, and I am hesitant to give that up.

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
ayyyee paolo! i finally BLEvo’d today! superfun. all the data displayed so nicely, i just tried basic setting, but it felt great. haven’t synced my polar yet for heartrate, or tried smartpower but layout is great. i have a 2017 with .23 - i set my wheel circumference the way you said. thank you sir? good times... cheers! salud! ?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Thank you, Paolo. I apologize for not making myself clear.

Is BLEvo “100% Acceleration” on the 2019 Levo the same as “Race Acceleration” on the 2018 Levo with firmware v. 2.22.x?

Or, is BLEvo “100% Acceleration” on the 2019 Levo the same as the default acceleration on the 2018 Levo with firmware v. 2.23.x using Mission Control?
(I believe this default value is equivalent to “Eco Acceleration” on earlier firmware versions.)

Basically, what I want to know is whether I will be able to set the Acceleration on the 2019 Levo to give the same rapid responsiveness as when I set Acceleration to “Race” in Mission Control with v. 2.22 or to “Power” using BLEvo with v. 2.22 on my 2018 Levo.

If it ever stops raining here in “sunny” Southern California I hope to be able to test ride the 2019 Levo and compare Acceleration and responsiveness with my 2018 Levo. I really like the tunability of v. 2.22 with BLEvo, and I am hesitant to give that up.
Sorry but I don't have the Levo 2019, and I cannot compare the 2 acceleration system. Maybe someone already did this comparison.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi BLEvo guys, are you riding with BLEvo and the new navigation system? What you think? Are there some improvements to do? For sure, yes... let me know..

Dee Scee

Dec 21, 2018
Berkeley
Hi BLEvo guys, are you riding with BLEvo and the new navigation system? What you think? Are there some improvements to do? For sure, yes... let me know..
weather has been terrible here in cali. will have some feedback for you after this weekend for sure.

i got my display arranged nicely. will sync my polar chest strap today.

i’ve used the street map to see where i am, but will try to nav on trails tomorrow? thanks paolo!

LevoLover7

Oct 28, 2018
Germany
well - ok, and when does Paolo finally get the hack, that with FW 6.1.0 and 19b you can adjust the wheels size with BLEvo as usual, as with the 2018 model? Or is it really technically impossible? I can not believe it, nowadays everything is hacked. Did not follow the topic anymore.

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
Sorry to bother, I know you said that the mileage on the MOTOR in mission control is not right if speed is hacked. So do I need to limit it to 25kmh to get it right or just have the right circumference set in BLevo? Also, does blevo track total mileage since downloading it?

Gogogordo

May 10, 2018
San Francisco
It
It seems to be working good Paolo!
I like how you can "play" your route and see how the bike performed throughout your ride.
Excellent work maestro!!

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
It

It seems to be working good Paolo!
I like how you can "play" your route and see how the bike performed throughout your ride.
Excellent work maestro!!
Thanks, but the navigator system is another thing.. it is the map shown during the ride where you are able to follow a GPX with the waypoints used for navigation indication.. what you are talking is the map of the tour after the ride... if I understood well..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Sorry to bother, I know you said that the mileage on the MOTOR in mission control is not right if speed is hacked. So do I need to limit it to 25kmh to get it right or just have the right circumference set in BLevo? Also, does blevo track total mileage since downloading it?
The total mileage is stored in the motor and if the speed limit is hacked, the value will be wrong.. but during the ride, BLEvo will show the right values... speed and km..

nicklej

Patreon
Oct 11, 2018
Camberley
The total mileage is stored in the motor and if the speed limit is hacked, the value will be wrong.. but during the ride, BLEvo will show the right values... speed and km..
Hi Paolo, thanks for the reply. I understand this point from a previous question. I was wondering whether Blevo tracks your "new" total distance somewhere? I know it tracks your distance per ride but is there a total counter somewhere?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi Paolo, thanks for the reply. I understand this point from a previous question. I was wondering whether Blevo tracks your "new" total distance somewhere? I know it tracks your distance per ride but is there a total counter somewhere?
No.. the total counter is not present in BLEvo.. I don't want to add it because it could be wrong.. it is better to use Strava for tracking the total km..

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles