The New Official BLEvo Thread

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
At least with older firmware versions, you could get a changed tire size from Blevo, which then affected the speed. I don't remember in that 7.xx version, but you'll find out if you try
I think you can do this but it throws off your speed and distance calculations as well.

Mcharza

E*POWAH BOSS
Aug 10, 2018
Helsinki, Finland
In my opinion that is not a good trade off. Especially with the other benefits of Levociraptor above and beyond speed increase.
Of course, everyone does what they think is best for them.
At Blevo, it costs 11 euros to get the speed limit higher, what about the one you suggested?
Peace Bro!

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
Of course, everyone does what they think is best for them.
At Blevo, it costs 11 euros to get the speed limit higher, what about the one you suggested?
Peace Bro!
Well of course people should do what they prefer. It’s sort of hard to plead poverty when you are riding such an expensive bike but you do have to draw the line somewhere. For $220US I think it’s a worthy upgrade but I am very into the tuning capabilities provided by the device in conjunction with the BLEvo app. It’s worth knowing I can dial in the speed limit and change it on the fly, view my accurate speed and distance information in the app dashboard quickly and easily. Not to mention it has an auto reset to factory defaults in case of a detected crash. Which I think could be useful in EU where these things are more heavily regulated. Enough shilling for them. People should do what they want but be aware the device offers more features than just speed limit.

ady

Mar 27, 2019
Bristol
@PaoloBLEvo Hello!

I recorded a ride today and all the statistics show up, but the .csv file is empty or doesn't exist. When I try to do anything to view the ride I get an error about needing to enable .csv file creation (see below). Is the ride lost or is the data hidden in there somewhere? Other older saved rides work fine, it's on Android 9. Cheers!

Screenshot_20230413-223930.png

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi, can I destrict my speed limits using Blevo? My bike is Kenevo 2018 gen1 with 7.1.1 firmware аnd battery firm A.21.B ?

View attachment 110975
Sorry but for this bike Levociraptor is not available.. You should try with BLEvo, but maybe it is not able to remove the speed restriction.. But I don't understand well when it is possible and when not for the firmware 7.1.1

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
@PaoloBLEvo Hello!

I recorded a ride today and all the statistics show up, but the .csv file is empty or doesn't exist. When I try to do anything to view the ride I get an error about needing to enable .csv file creation (see below). Is the ride lost or is the data hidden in there somewhere? Other older saved rides work fine, it's on Android 9. Cheers!

View attachment 111510
Could you check with a file broswer if the file is present or not?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I'm very happy to say that the Levociraptor Gen3 is available for presale!!
Now thanks to the Levociraptor Gen3 you will be able to use BLEvo also with the MasterMind TCU and the Smart Power will be much more responsive and fluid.
I am attaching 2 screenshots explaining all the new features.
For any information, write to [email protected] or visit the website www.levociraptor.com

Functionalties Levociraptor Gen1-2.jpeg

Functionalties Levociraptor Gen3.jpeg

Levociraptor functionalities matrix.JPG

Gropec

Dec 22, 2021
South of France
I'm very happy to say that the Levociraptor Gen3 is available for presale!!
Now thanks to the Levociraptor Gen3 you will be able to use BLEvo also with the MasterMind TCU and the Smart Power will be much more responsive and fluid.
I am attaching 2 screenshots explaining all the new features.
For any information, write to [email protected] or visit the website www.levociraptor.com

View attachment 112131

View attachment 112132

View attachment 112133
Good news!!
What about Blevo with Gen 3?

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I did a video in Italian (I hope with the subtitles you can understand better) how to install and configure BLEvo with the Levociraptor..
Here the link.
Enjoy you view

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
If I missed this somewhere I apologize, but has anyone sideloaded the app onto the Karoo 2 and had it working? This I think would be pretty awesome if so.

Karoo 2 is a bike computer that runs off Android for those who may not be familiar.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
If I missed this somewhere I apologize, but has anyone sideloaded the app onto the Karoo 2 and had it working? This I think would be pretty awesome if so.

Karoo 2 is a bike computer that runs off Android for those who may not be familiar.
I asked to Karoo team to be able to load BLEvo on it, but they don't want... On their device only their applications...
I think King King Mini 3 is a good alternative..

Brianjonesphoto

Patreon
Oct 8, 2018
Seattle USA
What’s the current state of Apple Watch functionality? I know there have be e been issues in the past.

My Ant+ wrist hrm is intermittently giving low readings multiple time per ride and maybe it’s done for. Sadly there are not a lot of ANT+ options anymore that can also tell time. Thinking a used Apple Watch could be a potential solution.
Thanks.

FishMD

Mar 14, 2023
United States
What’s the current state of Apple Watch functionality? I know there have be e been issues in the past.

My Ant+ wrist hrm is intermittently giving low readings multiple time per ride and maybe it’s done for. Sadly there are not a lot of ANT+ options anymore that can also tell time. Thinking a used Apple Watch could be a potential solution.
Thanks.
Unfortunately Apple Watch still doesn’t broadcast HR natively. There are some workarounds, but they seem clunky from what I have found. The Garmin watches do it natively and it works very well. (I have both and use the Garmin for riding for this reason.)

Burner

Subscriber
Sep 18, 2022
Manchester
Hi all

Just had the first ride out using the BLEvo app, I noticed the motor temperature was at 89 after about 5 mins , then was 95-96 for most of the ride , I only did about half an hour down the canal. Is this normal operating temp for these bikes?,
Just wondering .

Nice app this , loads of information to have a play with👍
Thanks

couplands

Jul 16, 2019
Peak District and Cornwall, UK
Im using BLEvo on my 2019 Turbo Levo and really like the smart Power feature.

I’d like to upgrade my wife’s bike to a Levo but understand that smart Power won’t work with the latest TCU.

Does the new Mission Control app give any features like Smart Power, or is there another way of getting Smart Power functionality on the latest Levo..?

I see that the LevociraptorvGen 3 can work, so how come they can access the TCU while BLEvo can’t…I don’t really want to buy one to get Smart Power type functionality.

FSR

Oct 18, 2021
DE, Stuttgart Region
Hello over there ;)

just out of curiosity: Every single day I wonder why my ride statistics always report these kind of strange looking (at least for me) % values for remaining battery capacity and consumption. Maybe someone can explain the displayed values to me ...

As an example the values BLEvo showed today:
- Start: 100 % (696 Wh) (remark: played around with the light a bit on yesterday evening)
- End: 72 % (496 Wh)
- Consumed: 34 % (200 Wh)

First of all: If we take the nominal 700 Wh as a basis, 496 Wh would not correspond to 72 % but 67.0 %.
First thought, BLEvo may take the starting 696 Wh value as 100 % - which would of course still not be 72 % but 71 % , but it would at least be close. Nevertheless, I seem to be wrong, as yesterday's example shows (follows below),
However, I found no way to end up at 34 % for the consumed 200 Wh.
For me, 200 Wh equals a consumption of either 28.57 % (based on the total of 700 Wh) or 28.74 (based on 696 Wh) ...
OTOH: If we take 200 Wh as 34 %, this would mean 100 % ≘ 588 Wh ... does this appear strange to only me ...?

Things get even stranger if I start my ride with less than 100 % battery. Yesterday's values:
- Start: 40 % (279 Wh)
- End: 24 % (161 Wh)
- Consumed: 23 % (118 Wh)
My thoughts:
- 40 % ≘ 279 Wh => 100 % ≘ 697,5 Wh - looks pretty fine, but falsifies today's assumption,
BLEvo may use the start battery level as basis
- 24 % ≘ 161 Wh => 100 % ≘ 670.83 Wh ... ahem, already missing 27 Wh, am I? 23 % would at least be closer to 696 Wh
- 23 % ≘ 118 Wh => 100 % ≘ 513 Wh ...?!? I have absolutely no clue, where these 23 % may come from ...

Am I missing s/th or is BLEvo just guessing the percentages ...? ;)

Todays percentages.jpg Yesterdays percentages.jpg

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West

I won't post a link here but there is at least one reputable how to guide on side loading apps on the Karoo out there. Seems pretty straightforward like any android device. I'm not sure how great the experience would be since it does not appear the Karoo can operate in landscape mode. The fairly narrow form factor of the screen would probably not be the best but if you really need the Karoo functionality with Blevo as well it should work. Please try it out and report back.

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Has anyone succesfully paired Apple Watch Ultra with BLevo?
This is what i got when i first powered Levo and and opened BLevo. When riding at first heart rate stayed that same 64(not measuring anything?), then it became totally blank. So i finally put Strava on on my Ultra, seems to a better option. :D

View attachment 108445

What else i have to do than this?

View attachment 108446
Sorry but the new Apple Watch cannot send the heart rate in real time to avoid to high battery consumption...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles