The New Official BLEvo Thread

PaoloBLEvo

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi,
First time poster here trying to get the lay of the land. I think I understand the situation in regards to 2022 models with the Master Mind TCU. BLEVO will not work with these models. I have a couple of questions about the possible workarounds being suggested please:

1 - Replace Master Mind TCU with basic TCU as suggested by Paolo. This sounds very promising but I don't see any ride reports confirming this is feasible. Has anyone actually tried this approach?

2 - Levocirapotor integration: I've read through the threads and do not fully understand the level of integration with Blevo? Are all of the Smart Power features fully functional with this solution?

Am I missing any other options? Thanks!!!

(I did post this in another thread which I think was the wrong place)
Sorry if I answer only now, maybe you already found the answer.
1. Yes it works, it is what I do for my rides.
2. For now, the Smart Power is not available with the Levociraptor integration... maybe in the future it will be..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Hi

With the latest version of Strava (Android app), we can now choose if it is an eMTB activity or a "normal" ebike ride.

I use BLEvo to automatically upload my activities to Strava and I don't have the choice to choose between an eMTB ride and a normal ebike ride. STRAVA records all my activities as eMTB rides. I use a Turbo CREO SL for my daily commute and I would like to have the choice in BLEVO to choose how to record the activity in Strava: eMTB or eRoad Bike.

Is this possible?

Thanks

Seb
Sorry but I didn't know about this change... I will try to find the information to update the ride type with the correct attribute..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
I've been using BLEvo for a long time without any problems, but the other day it started crashing while trying to record a ride. I restarted it several times but it would not record the ride. So I deleted the app and re-installed it.

Today I was able to record my ride but I am getting an error when I try to upload to Strava:

Strava Upload Error
Error uploading activity in Strava. Error 1.2: (null)

I have tried "Remove authorization" and then "Add authorization" again, but I am still getting the same error.

I am using an iPhone 12 Pro iOS version 15.5 and BLEvo v3.7.9 iOS.

Please help!

Alan
Maybe this is caused by the new iOS... I have to release a new version for the new iOS..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Apple Watch HR and Blevo - Still not working - Can we resolve this once and for all and get definitive answers
I’ve been using Blevo for 3 years and have never managed to get the Apple Watch HR to work properly. I’ve read all the threads and most say its at best unreliable.
FYI, I’m an IT professional so generally know what I’m doing and I’ve now tested more than on 6 iPhones, all IOS versions, 3 or 4 Apple Watches, and have spent too many hours trying.
@Paolo -
1. Can you confirm that it should work reliably ?
2. Do you need to run a workout on the watch as I’ve found this does nothing
3. Are there any settings that should be set in the watch/iphone?

I’ve also tested with 2 dedicated BT HR monitor and they too have been unreliable although significantly better.

What happens is, as others have reported, that Blevo initially sees the Apple Watch and shows the correct HR but it then does not update. If you go for a long enough ride it may record a few times (about once every 30-45mins) . Al;so if you pause the ride or interrupt in other ways, when you start the ride again it often records HR once more. As we all have reported the iphone gets updates very second or two.

Hopefully Paolo or others can put this long standing issue to bed as its very much desired.
I tested the Apple Watch functionality more than 2 years ago and it worked.. But from all the posts I understood that the new version of the Apple Watch doesn't send the HR data in real time and so BLEvo is not updated correctly. The best thing for HR data for BLEvo is to connect the HR bluetooth device, directly to BLEvo and not to the OS of the phone.
In order to work with Apple Watch, I have to implement the app for the watch but I don't have any developer that can help me.. sorry for this..

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Tiny improvement suggestion.

If you ride with gpx route, default suggested name for the saved ride could be same as the name of the gpx file.

btw.
There is tiny bug. If you use custom tile server address and change some other settings, blevo will "forget" that you have used own map address. Maybe there is some trouble with config file and it won´t save "custom map" setting correctly.

.fit upload to strava won´t work if you have paused ride of turned bike off between the ride.
For the .fit upload it doesn't work if you kill BLEvo when the phone is in pause.. Maybe there is some battery optimized to kill BLEvo.. If BLEvo is kept running the .fit is not corrupted. In any case you can use some fit tools to correct the fit file and upload it in Strava..

Mike.C

Feb 4, 2021
Germany
Today I changed the smartphone for my levo. But with the new android I'm not able to store the openandromaps anymore. At the old phone the file directory was blevo/map. Now at the new phone the directory is android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/Blevo/Maps
But it's impossible to copy anything to this direction, because it's out of range for the data manger. Android now has a depth limit for this and the OBB files.
How can I solve the problem? Has anybody a solution?
Best regards
Michael

EDIT: I found out it's a problem of Android 13. You can handle it only with one program, it's called fv file manager

Last edited:

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Today I changed the smartphone for my levo. But with the new android I'm not able to store the openandromaps anymore. At the old phone the file directory was blevo/map. Now at the new phone the directory is android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/Blevo/Maps
But it's impossible to copy anything to this direction, because it's out of range for the data manger. Android now has a depth limit for this and the OBB files.
How can I solve the problem? Has anybody a solution?
Best regards
Michael

EDIT: I found out it's a problem of Android 13. You can handle it only with one program, it's called fv file manager
Thanks for the edit. You should you special file manager to access to all the file.
Android 12 and 13 added a lot of restriction for file access from the App...

Thiefyo

Nov 14, 2022
Romania
Hello guys some good news i guess, i have this bike Turbo levo alloy 2022
With the blue computer, and just tested BLEVO and it works all senzor go green, my question is, i have a speedbox 1.0 mounted and i was wondering how can i make the app register the correct speed? Help pls.
Also i selected the wheel size corresponding to the mission control app value is 2160mm

Oyster Point

Mar 22, 2020
California
I use Drivesync to sync android/data/com.dopa.android.blevo/files/Blevo with Google drive to make it easy to upload gpx etc. With the latest Android patch (late November) drivesync fails to find the blevo folder. Anyone else seen this or have a solution?
John

Fernando MASTER Z

Dec 22, 2022
Lima Peru
Hi at all,
the original BLEvo thread reached 150 pages, so it is very long to read for the new users so it is better to create a new one.
The link is here

We can start to discuss about BLEvo in this new thread, with some suggestion and question about it.
You can ask also for question about the integration with Levociraptor Gen2. Some details can be found on www.levociraptor.com

Feel free to ask questions on EMTBForums but before doing so, please check if your question is already covered by either:
BLEvo manual Instruction manual in english
or BLEvo FAQ FAQ in english
Hola Paolo ;I just got your BLEvo app on my iPhone and I have install the velociraptor on my Turbo Creo 2021 Specialize SWORKS and will like to know if your BLEvo could be applied to my bike ;I have read that you should not use your mission control at the same time and most important to know is if the battery life get consume since o to 42km/hr or just when it reach more than 42km/hr and above ;it feels that battery is drain from the biggining ;today I hade only ridden 13 kms and my battery consumption was more than 20%

PaoloBLEvo

Trader
Jun 13, 2018
Varese
Big news for BLEvo and Levociraptor are coming soon for 2023...
From the attached image someone might already understand what it is... 🤩
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!!!

Auguri2022.png

BruceJR

Jun 16, 2022
USA West
I will post the news... Now we are in testing phase and after some trouble, the tests are going well.. I think for the end of February the "present" can be available for everyone..
This is really good news. I was able to swap out the Mastermind TCU for the LED TCU on my '22 Expert and it works perfectly with the Levociraptor. It would be nice to have the Mastermind capabilities for the further though.

steelgtr

Dec 31, 2022
TodxBc*ZWV*5
Hi Guys, I have a 2022 Levo Comp, Android phone . Can't figure how to configure the data fields. I change them in the config but the fields don't seem to coincide with what shows on the ride display? I would like the simplest screen with bigger fields that I can choose what goes where. Similar to this layout. Thanks.

Screenshot_20221230_072845_BLEvo.jpg

steelgtr

Dec 31, 2022
TodxBc*ZWV*5
I've assigned data fields and saved them but they don't "stick" just blank fields where I assigned parameters. I tried with the bike on and connected but either way the display settings are not saving.

Turbo Mike

Jun 29, 2021
Phoenix, Arizona
Paolo, How do I know the version of my BLEvo? What is the latest version? Is there a charge for the updated version? Thanks!
BTW an awesome App.
Only downside is apple watch Heart Monitor integration but I understand the complexities of the IOS/Watch IOS and integration . . .

steelgtr

Dec 31, 2022
TodxBc*ZWV*5
This is really good news. I was able to swap out the Mastermind TCU for the LED TCU on my '22 Expert and it works perfectly with the Levociraptor. It would be nice to have the Mastermind capabilities for the further though.
Darn, I was hoping someone would need to sell their MM :)

LongestLevo

Jan 14, 2023
Wales
Hi guys, I've got a few questions regarding the blevo app, I'm sure they've been answered before but I haven't got time to go through page after page of posts.

I've seen that I can up the speed limit (planning on adjusting it to US spec) but when I move the slider I get a pop up message at the bottom of the screen about restarting something for some reason but half of the message is unreadable, anyone know what this message would be? Not sure if it means restart the app, my phone or bike

If I set my new top speed and other settings then save it to a profile, do I have to do anything after or does it apply automatically?

Would I need to keep blevo open for these changes to stay or do they stay active even if I've not got my phone with me? I've not got the best phone battery at the moment so having apps running and Bluetooth on really drains it

I'm on a 2022 levo comp alloy, is it possible to even up the top speed using the blevo app or am I going to have to spend the money to get the overpriced levocirapter thing?

Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
Im sure thus has been asked before... but have you ever considered releasing the BLEvo app of Garmin ?
That is something I would happily spend money on

Savan

Dec 16, 2021
Iowa
@ebikeZA what do you mean? Are you thinking blevo with more native garmin feature for trails? Like blevo/garmin connect mashup?

Blevo seems like a super powered Mission Control. What would be the garmin equivalent of Mission Control?

ebikeZA

Apr 2, 2018
Cape Town
@ebikeZA what do you mean? Are you thinking blevo with more native garmin feature for trails? Like blevo/garmin connect mashup?

Blevo seems like a super powered Mission Control. What would be the garmin equivalent of Mission Control?
No, a blevo app I can download from the Garmin store and use on my Garmin device. I already have a Garmin and use the Ebike data app and it works great, but I do feel that Blevo be able to do it better than the current offerings.

Data I want to be able to see .. Range left , Distance, Battery, Mode, Power. (Most apps show power, battery and mode, cadence.... but I am really missing the Range. Still have the old school TCU so want the functions of the new TCU without getting a new bike

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles