The MTB videos Thread. Funny, Serious, Cool ... Share them here.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
Woohoo! :ROFLMAO: A few of us here seem to have motorcycling backgrounds and are in the age group to probably remember this. I remember being inspired by this film as a kid - first time I'd seen trials. And looking at it now, it looks like dragster bikes were pre bmx! Geez, they were shitful things; all the weight on the seat, stupid great handlebars with a one bolt clamp to hold all that leverage.

Also interesting, Mert Lawwill, one of the main subjects of this film, was later well know for designing Lawwill DH-9 full-suspension downhill bike

I look forward to watching that. Checked the first 5 minutes. Jeez 1971, I was 10! Holy cow, that kid doing the wheelie without a shirt or helmet probably only has pedal brakes. I wish I had a bike like that when I was a kid. All I had was a crappy Raleigh 20 with a banana seat. I kept breaking the axels on it.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I look forward to watching that. Checked the first 5 minutes. Jeez 1971, I was 10! Holy cow, that kid doing the wheelie without a shirt or helmet probably only has pedal brakes. I wish I had a bike like that when I was a kid. All I had was a crappy Raleigh 20 with a banana seat. I kept breaking the axels on it.
They're all basic bikes :ROFLMAO:. I had a malvern star dragster, 2nd hand, with a 3 speed sturmey archer. I saw one kid in that film shove his thonged (aka flip flops in some parts) foot onto the front wheel for braking - no one would know that now :LOL:. Lots of bikes didn't have brakes - or kids didn't know how to maintain them.

Last edited:

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
They're all basic bikes :ROFLMAO:. I had a malvern star dragster, 2nd hand, with a 3 speed sturmey archer. I saw one kid in that film shove his thonged (aka flip flops in some parts) foot onto the front wheel for braking - no one would know that now :LOL:. Lots of bikes didn't have brakes - or kids didn't know how to maintain them.
I was one of those.
At one stage I had a hack bike we built / found that didn't have any brakes. We got very good a drifting to stop. The roads weren't sealed so it was pretty easy. That went well till my friend came down the hill and went to throw the back out to stop. Unfortunately he carved a beautifull turn and drove through the neighbors fence. Demolishing the fence, and the front forks at the same time!! :poop:?

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I was one of those.
At one stage I had a hack bike we built / found that didn't have any brakes. We got very good a drifting to stop. The roads weren't sealed so it was pretty easy. That went well till my friend came down the hill and went to throw the back out to stop. Unfortunately he carved a beautifull turn and drove through the neighbors fence. Demolishing the fence, and the front forks at the same time!! :poop:?
I did a similar think; screaming down a dirt road of a new development - big ditch at the bottom for something. I ended up in the ditch :ROFLMAO:. I used to try and take my dragster over jumps - didn't know anything. Those bars are just a huge lever - they'd end up horizontal forward or back :oops:. It was common practice to dink your mate sitting in the bottom of those bars too.

Last edited:

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
That's awesome!
Any idea where it is? Looks like somewhere in the Peak District.
The locations were mostly in Yorkshire, UK. All pretty much on my doorstep and most were motorcycle trials spots that I've ridden loads over the years.

As quoted from pinkbike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles