Technical Question about Bosch 625 power tube vs 500 w technical size

mango scotland

Mar 5, 2020
United Kingdom
I would like to know how manufacturers make them fit. Is a 500-watt power tube bike upgradeable to take the longer battery? I haven't seen one in the flesh so that is why I ask

mango scotland

Mar 5, 2020
United Kingdom
Some of the battery prices are steep so better to spend a bit more for the bigger battery from the start I would think.
Thanks for the information and help as I am only just learning.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Some of the battery prices are steep so better to spend a bit more for the bigger battery from the start I would think.
Thanks for the information and help as I am only just learning.

Yup, the batteries can be expensive, so if you can find what you want with the 625 that's definitely the way to go. If you're sometimes lugging camera gear, the last thing you want to do is carry a second battery.

TrailwattsUK

E*POWAH Master
Patreon
Trader
Aug 27, 2018
Kent
Your battery has to be vertical version to upgrade. Battery width and mountings have changed.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
On my Cube there is an aluminium Harniss that the battery clicks into. The top part can be positioned for a 500 or 625 battery by unscrewing and re-mounting it in the appropriate position. it is not something you can do on the trail very quickly, so if you want multiple batteries, you need 2 of the same.
So Basically if you buy a new bosch bike with a 500wh Battery, but there are models available with the 625 battery, then you will be able to easily convert if you want to upgrade.

Beekeeper

🍯Honey Monster🍯
Aug 6, 2019
Surrey hills
The 500 wh and 625 wh are just marketing names. The actual wh of what they call a 500 wh battery is the voltage x amps = 482.4wh
For a 625 battery the actual wh is 601.2wh

A 625 wh powertube battery should therefore provide 24.6% more energy than a 500wh powertube.

they should really have called them 482wh power tubes and 601wh powertubes but that dosen’t really sound so cool ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles