Tapping the Turbo Levo battery for USB?

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
I have seen some discussion and video about tapping the battery for front headlights and have read that there is a jack for a tail light both to be powered by the main bike battery. The headlights I'm aware of are Lupine and Supernova. I haven't seen anyone put a tail light on the Lurbo Levo, anyone?

In this document it appears that Brose offers and on on the Bulls E-Stream EVO AM 4 they have a usb charging port on the handlebar control assembly and/or display.
https://www.douze-cycles.com/docs/BROSE-ebike-Manual-English.pdf

My question is has anyone found a way to get usb power out of the Specialized Turbo Levo to keep a phone charged on the bars? I'm running Blevo and would like to keep it bright and my phone runs down just before the main battery.

jxj

Jun 28, 2018
Sierra California
Yes like that but on a turbo levo. I've seen the light hookup but no usb output via the light cable. Looks like there isn't a commercial solution yet. Spec if you read this it would be handy to be able to get a 1A or more usb charging capability on the Levo IMHO.

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
I run my phone on the bars and never had it go dead on a ride. Do you have a bunch of other apps running in the background? I have a portable charger that can recharge my phone in 30 minutes that I take with me for long rides but I have never needed it

Dax

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 25, 2018
FoD
I would quite like a USB charge port. By the time I have driven to the trails playing music, ridden for an hour or two using Strava and occasional maps/messaging/email, and driven home, I'm usually below 30% battery. My next move might be to upgrade to a phone with a headphone socket so I can play music and charge at the same time.

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
have bought a power lead that plugs into the Brose battery for the front lights (supernova) - plan to use the plug and lead to provide power to a gps tracker, and a micro-usb plug near the handlebars. Will post a thread here when Ive done it, but should be relatively easy to do.

AML

Mar 12, 2019
USA - Virginia
have bought a power lead that plugs into the Brose battery for the front lights (supernova) - plan to use the plug and lead to provide power to a gps tracker, and a micro-usb plug near the handlebars. Will post a thread here when Ive done it, but should be relatively easy to do.
Is that for a 2019?

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
hi - have now got all the parts, but am probably just going to tap it for powering my hidden gps tracker, and for a power connector for my front lights. Am debating putting it in though, but it might joust make the front of the bike too cluttered, and I'm not sure I need it. When I get round to doing the other bits I'll post up a thread on them tho.

speedkills

May 17, 2020
Boulder, CO
I was just thinking of trying something similar. I believe I read that on my 2020 Levo the front wire light was 12v and the rear was 5v. If that is true, 5v seems like plug and play, but then again there are plenty of 12v usb connectors available as well so both should be easy. I was out for 4 hours Sunday and my phone died right at the end.

Glassdome

Apr 3, 2021
Uk
Interesting. I’d like to hard wire the Invoxia gps I’ve added to the turbo levo sl 2020 I have. In the simplest way I guess the rear light is 6v, standard usb is 5v that may work direct if the rear light port on the bride motor. Or the front light is 12v and you can get a 12v to 5v usb from Amazon pretty cheaply and the wire to the 12v front light. Has anyone tried this? Or has experience before I play around and fry my expensive bike motor?

thanks in advance.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
These might help you a bit further, but they're not SL's ..

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles