SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Neeko DeVinchi

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Dec 31, 2020
UK
You can only amend the speed, governed by the top speed set by the firmware. So if the motor Is set to 15.5mph, the Bafang go+ app won't allow you to increase the top speed. Only besst pro can do that (subject to the firmware).
You can decrease the top speed with Bafang go+.
Similarly, you can't change wheel size or wheel circumstance with go+. Only besst pro.
But maximum power, acceleration, assistance & startup angle are parameters which can be charged with the go+ app👍🏿

masahirov

Jan 24, 2024
tokyo japan
IMG_7806.png

My CEF50, which arrived in January 2024, had a speed limit of 32km/h. Settings cannot be changed on bafang GO+.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Im not understanding, how do i disconnect bluetooth from the motor but then still change the settings?
Sorry for the confused. YES once u disconnect Bluetooth, you basically can not change any settings. What i mean its disconnect Bluetooth to browse what its inside function. once u Bluetooth its connected u can not go in.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
So I'm opting to run a tyre insert in the rear, when running my CEF50 as a 29er.
But I've gone about it in a very unusual way.
View attachment 134944
Polyethylene Foam seems to work just fine. The weight increase of the rear wheel is negligible. But it does allow me to continue to use the DHR2 exo 2.4 tyre without sidewall tears and strikes.
View attachment 134945
And for £2.40, I'm not going to complain✌🏿
Bro only USD18 for this insert
Just found this amazing item on AliExpress. Check it out!
MYR62.86 15%OFF | Tannus Armour CushCore Installing Tire Insert Improves Anti puncture Tube Protector for Bicycle Tires to Prevent Injury

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
Bafang Besst Pro can ONLY set my 48v max speed 25kmh, i need to use bafang Besst V1. 2.20 to set my speed limit back to 45kmh. Can set it to 60kmh if u wish but your chain ring will not get u to that speed.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
View attachment 134974 By the way, my startup screen is "ROCKCAN", but is everyone else's too?

View attachment 134974 By the way, my startup screen is "ROCKCAN", but is everyone else's too?
Yes my 48v its ROCKCAN too.

masahirov

Jan 24, 2024
tokyo japan
No, neither your software 4812. Can you ask to recovery this controller software (and share) from you supplier ?

If you compare your HMI datas with user book of DPC245, do you see differences ?

IMG_7794.jpeg

We have spoken to the supplier and are awaiting a response. I think the normal "BAFANG" startup screen would be better.

masahirov

Jan 24, 2024
tokyo japan
Yes my 48v its ROCKCAN too.

This may be the case with 48v specifications.

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Any of you have issues with the top cap bottoming out on the cup? As i tighten down the top cap, it barely touches the cup and it creates rough spots as I turn. If i loosen a hair, it clunks from not preloading the bearings properly. Ill probably have to mill the outer lip of the top cap to provide clearance.

Phatty

Feb 18, 2021
Utah
Bafang Besst Pro can ONLY set my 48v max speed 25kmh, i need to use bafang Besst V1. 2.20 to set my speed limit back to 45kmh. Can set it to 60kmh if u wish but your chain ring will not get u to that speed.
Does the 1.2.20 require a username/password? I have the besst tool lying around, debating on updating firmware on my m820 36v....

Phatty

Feb 18, 2021
Utah
Also, if I have the 36v battery, and my sons bike thats coming has the 48v battery, can I use the same 54v charger on them both presuming its a 2ah charger, the BMS should stop on the 36v right?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
There is a wide variety of things called a BMS. If it was a good BMS it would have over voltage shutoff and not work with the 52v charger.

Phatty

Feb 18, 2021
Utah
There is a wide variety of things called a BMS. If it was a good BMS it would have over voltage shutoff and not work with the 52v charger.
Don’t most chargers have built in over voltage protection as well? I bought a 36v charger and it doesn’t work at all. But the 54v one for my m600 battery seems to work great 🤷🏽‍♂️
I just sold the m600 so need a new charger

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
Sorry for the confused. YES once u disconnect Bluetooth, you basically can not change any settings. What i mean its disconnect Bluetooth to browse what its inside function. once u Bluetooth its connected u can not go in.
So i cant change these settings? When im not connected over BT, it says i need to connect to device. When i am connected, it says operation failed and i cant even see that window.

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
@Phatty In general you can't mix and match chargers. That is what typically leads to a headline about a fire. Chargers are all different. Some are simply a pair of wires for voltage. Some have temperature sensing, some are canbus and monitor everything about the battery. You must have a charger designed for your battery. The charge voltage needs to be a few volts above the battery voltage or current will not flow from the charger to the battery. But if the voltage is too high it will damage the battery unless a smart BMS steps in and cuts off the voltage source. Most BMS are not smart enough to change the incoming voltage, they can be very simple devices. Some can be smart enough to balance the voltage of the cells inside the battery. So you really need to be careful when changing chargers on an ebike.

@92se-r The Go+ app is limited in what it can change. It can change the assist levels and the acceleration but it can't change the country settings for max speed allowed etc. It's can't change the wheel size, because it affects the max speed.
You need the Besst Pro tool to do those thing and it is designed as a dealer tool. You can easily buy the hardware but you need a password and ID to use it. You can't get one of those unless you are a dealer, or use a work-around.

92se-r

Dec 23, 2023
United states
@Phatty In general you can't mix and match chargers. That is what typically leads to a headline about a fire. Chargers are all different. Some are simply a pair of wires for voltage. Some have temperature sensing, some are canbus and monitor everything about the battery. You must have a charger designed for your battery. The charge voltage needs to be a few volts above the battery voltage or current will not flow from the charger to the battery. But if the voltage is too high it will damage the battery unless a smart BMS steps in and cuts off the voltage source. Most BMS are not smart enough to change the incoming voltage, they can be very simple devices. Some can be smart enough to balance the voltage of the cells inside the battery. So you really need to be careful when changing chargers on an ebike.

@92se-r The Go+ app is limited in what it can change. It can change the assist levels and the acceleration but it can't change the country settings for max speed allowed etc. It's can't change the wheel size, because it affects the max speed.
You need the Besst Pro tool to do those thing and it is designed as a dealer tool. You can easily buy the hardware but you need a password and ID to use it. You can't get one of those unless you are a dealer, or use a work-around.
Yup understood, sorry i have 2 issues. I have the speed issue which I am working with Jean on. However i cannot go into the setting to adjust motor peak power, acceleration, etc when connected over bluetooth, it keeps saying operation failed. If i am disconnected every once in a while it lets me go into the screen. Otherwise it just tells me to connect to device.

calvintys

Sep 12, 2023
Malaysia
So i cant change these settings? When im not connected over BT, it says i need to connect to device. When i am connected, it says operation failed and i cant even see that window.
Once you open GO+ the windows connecting will pop up just click cancel and you can browse to this windows.

Screenshot_20240223_123650_BAFANG GO+.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles