SZZS specific CEF50-main thread (initial builds and troubleshooting related only)

Lehr

May 18, 2023
China
1684404906578.png
1684404916609.png
1684404922456.png

clix

Jul 24, 2022
EU
33% progression in the leverage curve. Linear air can on super deluxe would probably suite it better, than meg-neg. Or coil.

@Lehr Do you maybe also have a braking anri-rise curve? And anti squat for 32/50 or 34/40 rings?

tnx

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
The rear suspension feeling is just amazing, i've plown through several drops, jumps and rock gardens and can't even feel it, copies the terrain really well.
This is with a SuperDeluxe ultimate Air 210x50. Based on the leverage curve imo makes no sense to go for a megneg or a coil.

Last edited:

temon10

Feb 8, 2022
Malang, Indonesia
The rear suspension feeling is just amazing, i've plown through several drops, jumps and rock gardens and can't even feel it, copies the terrain really well.
This is with a SuperDeluxe ultimate Air 210x55. Based on the leverage curve imo makes no sense to go for a megneg or a coil.
so 210x55 safely installed?

Myalteregohamish

Jan 4, 2023
Vancouver, WA
This is with a SuperDeluxe ultimate Air 210x50. Based on the leverage curve imo makes no sense to go for a megneg or a coil.
This is the kind of info I’ve been wanting to hear about. Thank you sir!

I asked Jean if they had any update on the 410wh battery, She said, "there purchasor pushed Bafang again and no concrete ready date"
She said a 720wh battery could be ready by end of next week for $23 more.
She also said the 410wh battery weighs 2.8kg and the 720wh weighs 4kg.

I really wanted to do a light weight build and early reports sounds like plenty of range with the 410wh, what do you guys think?

Stephen

savas

Oct 16, 2018
sofia
Hi,how is the original battery mounted in the frame?Can you make some pictures?Diy Battery should be around 1.7kg with 20 cells for 36v and around 2.1,2.2 kg for 48v

kyphosis

Aug 18, 2022
eu
Hi,how is the original battery mounted in the frame?Can you make some pictures?Diy Battery should be around 1.7kg with 20 cells for 36v and around 2.1,2.2 kg for 48v
Some pictures on page 34.

I was thinking of going 43v but after seeing the difference I wonder if its worth it?
What is the actual differences in performance and so on 36 vs 43v?

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
Some pictures on page 34.

I was thinking of going 43v but after seeing the difference I wonder if its worth it?
What is the actual differences in performance and so on 36 vs 43v?
No difference! 43v battery are same cells just more of them. 43v could be lighter because of conductor size if it is made with smaller conductors.

kyphosis

Aug 18, 2022
eu
No difference! 43v battery are same cells just more of them. 43v could be lighter because of conductor size if it is made with smaller conductors.
To me that sounds very contradictory. smaller conductors needed on higher voltage?
So zero motor performance increase, not even more responsive like my overvolted soft air guns back in the days?
Am I a fool going 43v then? My feelings says it packs more "punch" like my old hub motor, 48 vs 50something volts did.?

forsa355

Jan 31, 2023
Canada
I asked Jean if they had any update on the 410wh battery, She said, "there purchasor pushed Bafang again and no concrete ready date"
She said a 720wh battery could be ready by end of next week for $23 more.
She also said the 410wh battery weighs 2.8kg and the 720wh weighs 4kg.

I really wanted to do a light weight build and early reports sounds like plenty of range with the 410wh, what do you guys think?

Stephen
I too really wanted a lighter build. Was holding out for the 410wh battery but got tired of waiting and "upgraded" to the 720wh battery so I can get the damn bike as soon as possible! I figure I will ride it like this for a while, and maybe in the offseason build a DIY minimalist battery. It being 36v simplifies things slightly as well, as 36v BMS's are easier to source.

I tend to take shorter rides daily, so I guess having the larger battery means charging less too

mike_kelly

Subscriber
Aug 11, 2022
US
To me that sounds very contradictory. smaller conductors needed on higher voltage?
So zero motor performance increase, not even more responsive like my overvolted soft air guns back in the days?
Am I a fool going 43v then? My feelings says it packs more "punch" like my old hub motor, 48 vs 50something volts did.?
Power is equal to voltage x current. So if you have a 540whr battery/36v the current is 15a but a 540whr/43=12a so the 43v needs to handle less current than the 36v battery.

It is a little easier to find 36v external batteries than 43v.

kyphosis

Aug 18, 2022
eu
Power is equal to voltage x current. So if you have a 540whr battery/36v the current is 15a but a 540whr/43=12a so the 43v needs to handle less current than the 36v battery.

It is a little easier to find 36v external batteries than 43v.
Thank you mike

stuff

Nov 3, 2022
Spain
Looks like i’m the only one that got the 410 battery for now, I was really focused on weight so dont regret although had to make the mods mentioned before for it to fit (thanks to bafang poor mount design).

Tomorrow i’ll give it a hard ride until I drain the bat completely, lets see what it can do and how hard will be to come back home without assist

Looks like i’m the only one that got the 410 battery for now, I was really focused on weight so dont regret although had to make the mods mentioned before for it to fit (thanks to bafang poor mount design).

Tomorrow i’ll give it a hard ride until I drain the bat completely, lets see what it can do and how hard will be to come back home without assist
Did they send you the old design battery before they decided to redesign it? Is that why you had to make the mount adapters?

spokémon

Apr 4, 2023
Australia
Linda told me 410Wh end of this month! So in about 2 weeks? I think I read Jim from LightCarbon said sometime mid June?
So pretty much nobody knows. So I wouldn't hold my breath.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles