Swindon eBikes?

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I’d always hoped the day would never come (could spell trouble for legislative land access for the rest of us) but it was inevitable and only a matter of time. I just about lost my mind when this thing outdragged a Ducati road motorcycle, initially from a standing start anyway!

Twin disc front brakes, 6-speed on board sequential gearbox, regenerative rear brakes, etc, and all for just under £20,000...

Pedal assist?

Last edited:

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Enjoyed that, thanks for posting. Amazing looking bike! 20k for all that engineering excellence and performance really makes the upper end Santa Cruz, Specialized et al look a bit crap.

R120

Subscriber
Apr 13, 2018
Surrey
Jonny Smith puts out some good content, both on his channel and Fully Charged.

I dont get with those high powered bikes why they still bother with pedals, be much better imo to just have pegs and a throttle, riding one is nothing like riding a bike!

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
Nothing new about this bike. The price tag is way too high. I’ve built similar for about £4-5k
I like the air cooled battery compartment... as long as it’s completely waterproof. Probably a gore-tex mesh or similar.

Some of you may have heard of the Stealth bomber and stealth fighter. These were the original manufactured high powered hub driven bikes. These go back over ten years. One had a gearbox driven pedal system... maybe both. The Swindon bike probably has option to be pedal or just throttle control. Hub motors(direct drive) without internal gearing, always are compatible with regen braking.
Heres a recent photo of my ‘hyper’ self built bike like Swindon’s.

14kw
over 60mph
acceleration to match super car
variable regen braking.
the Russian electronics make everything adjustable... throttle curves, braking curves, acceleration, top speed. You would be blown away by the options in the braking alone.. including ABS For riding in snow!
I built the battery pack myself with high discharge 18650 Samsung 30Q cells. 200 of them in total. Fully charge it’s 84v and 30ah. So an average Wh of around 2200. the battery pack is capable of 300amp bursts. Not that I use it that high. 100 to 200 more than plenty.

the penalty paid for all of this is of course weight. It weighs over 50kg and a lot of that is in the rear wheel.

616E2732-0727-420A-9465-2FC66BDE3A88.jpeg

2D81FDD1-341E-437D-B4CC-B8FB74C06100.jpeg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles