Levo Gen 2 Swat tool cover will not close after torquing stem bolt?

seacapn

Aug 20, 2020
california
Wuz up guys , so I have 2 rides on my 2019 levo fsr carbon I purchased used from a gentleman. Hers the deal when I tighten the swat assembly after loosening my stem bolts on this aftermarket salsa stem and put the swat tool in its compartment the door does not close. the door closes fine with out the tool in it but gets tight and acts as if it getting hung up . I then loosen the stem nuts and then back out the Allen bolt on the bottom of the swat assembly a little then repeat above process and I can get it to close with the tool kit stored in side. I dont think that main swat Allan bolt assembly is getting torqued down enough as it loosens up after a ride. I disassembled the steering assembly and cleaned the bearing and re greased everything and noticed someone had cut down the fork steering tube with a hack saw it appears. could this be because of clearance issues with the salsa stem versus the hem stem? I took one of the spacers off to see if this would make a difference and the swat assembly would not tighten down properly. It is a concerning sight for me this hack job. what are your feeling ? am I looking to much into this and just need to tighten the front end down after each ride? Cheers let me know if I need to upload more pics? Thanks ,Ben

IMG-0935.jpg

IMG-0934.jpg

salko

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 29, 2019
SLO
I guess smeone badly shortened the sterring tube (not the prettiest cut of them all) and possible also removed some spacers below or above stem, now your bolt of the Swat tool housing is too long and interferes with the tool... I subsequently installed Swat tool on my bike as Comps don't came stock with them and I received several different lenghts of this bolt in a box...

seacapn

Aug 20, 2020
california
I guess smeone badly shortened the sterring tube (not the prettiest cut of them all) and possible also removed some spacers below or above stem, now your bolt of the Swat tool housing is too long and interferes with the tool... I subsequently installed Swat tool on my bike as Comps don't came stock with them and I received several different lenghts of this bolt in a box...
Thanks for the reply and you are dead as I just got back from the dealer and they added a additional spacer and torqued everything down and done in 10 minutes . That was driving me crazy..... I dont like a loose head set going fast down hill!!! Cheers mate

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles