Strong and wide saddle recommendations ?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
I bend the rails on all my saddles and even snap them. It’s a bit frustrating but it’s due to sitting a lot more than I should and a mass of 110kg. No, I’m not going to change, but I’d like to try a stronger saddle if one was available.
Looking for something with 8mm steel rails as I think this will be strongest. I do get along with quite a few saddles out there like the Fabric Scoop, wtb volt, spesh henge ect.
I don’t want a ebike saddle with a high rise ramp at the rear.
Sit bones measure 140mm so will have to be something that’s wide, but not ridiculous.

B1rdie

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Feb 14, 2019
Brazil
Given you dont intend to stop hitting your spine and are not going to change I guess no mtb saddle was meant to solve this auto destruction resolution. Most of them are designed to be a contact point and the others are designed to sell a lie.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
From new frog .. looks strong ?

saddle1.jpg

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Sometimes product development teams just get the wording spot on ..

View attachment 20499
Hey...
I have not got a big ass you know, I’ve just got big bones and high muscle mass.

They do look comfy tho ? and at least my big balls won’t get squashed.

Now I know you are always trying to help @Zimmerframe, and you are a bit special, and good on you for trying. But I’m after a more traditional shaped saddle.
I think I might give the Funn Launch II a try ??

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Maybe, but all the lower parts are flabby .. :eek:

Cheap, 8mm bars .. and in the "cons" on a review it says "VERY BIG" - sounds perfect !
How dare you talk about my toes like that ?
They do work well for gripping the pedals tho ? something you have problems with, so I’ll take it as a compliment ?

That review by the way was from a XC weight weenie that accidentally had added that saddle to his cart when he was purchasing some more carbon at exorbitant prices.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
You kinda knew this was going to happen, didn't you :ROFLMAO:
And these are good for 120kg

View attachment 20556
Mate, I think you have posted this in the wrong forum. Better remove it and post it in the BDSM forum you have open in your other tabs.
Shit, I just can’t un see this now. Thanks a fn lot. Be more careful in future aye

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles