Stolen bike success

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
Well that was an exciting but weird evening. 3 of our bikes got stolen from outside the pub tonight. Two guys cut the locks and threw them in a van, got disturbed so didn’t get the rest.

Bystander got a description of the van and a partial plate. Already tipped the police off it was a Bristol gang. Then the AirTag I have in my bike pinged. Address in Bath.

Police hightailed it there. Got the bikes, nicked two guys, and recovered the van which was stolen. Can go get the bikes back in the morning.

What a result. Police were fabulous. Weird night though.

chrismechmaster

Subscriber
Dec 7, 2020
Newbury
So pleased to hear this
Hope the thieving scum get what they deserve

All thanks to a air tag ( I have them on all my bikes ) and sadly I know people say there pointless but here proof they were the reason the bikes were found and the scum arrested

Last edited:

Ou812

Jun 26, 2022
Fort William
you can garuntee the guy gets a suspended sentence, even if hes already serving a suspended sentence.
My brother-in-law is a DI up here in Scotland, he’s already got another job lined up and will be leaving the police in a month. He was telling me it’s a waste of time, they put a tonne of man hours into an investigation only to have the person get a slap on the wrist during sentencing.

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
All about the cost of locking them up. If we didn't have all the tax avoiding politicians and their non-dom mates constantly ripping us off and paying zero tax there would be more money to help with all social problems, roads, councils, NHS etc etc [rant over].

E-MAD MALC

Subscriber
Nov 16, 2021
EAST SUSSEX
Well that was an exciting but weird evening. 3 of our bikes got stolen from outside the pub tonight. Two guys cut the locks and threw them in a van, got disturbed so didn’t get the rest.

Bystander got a description of the van and a partial plate. Already tipped the police off it was a Bristol gang. Then the AirTag I have in my bike pinged. Address in Bath.

Police hightailed it there. Got the bikes, nicked two guys, and recovered the van which was stolen. Can go get the bikes back in the morning.

What a result. Police were fabulous. Weird night though.
A good result at the end of the day
Just goes to show tracking devices can work

Mikehorti

Subscriber
Apr 29, 2021
Surrey

Growmac

Subscriber
Dec 4, 2020
Wilts, UK
I dropped about 10 kg of Sold Secure Chain and padlocks off at the pub last night. Hopefully will be a bit harder for someone to cut and run this evening. Wish us luck! :)

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles