Stance E+2 Dropper Post

kjneil77

Jun 9, 2021
US
Howdee everyone! I'm new here and need your tip(s)/advise. I just bought a dropper post to replace the standard manual seat post that came with my Stance E+2, initially I thought that it would be an easy install, it seems I would need to remove the motor to give room for the cable? Has anyone upgraded their seatpost without doing so? any tips would be much appreciated.

Thank you!

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ

JW100

Jun 17, 2021
Australia
You don't have to fully remove the motor.

1. Remove the plastic motor cover.

2. Remove the front 2 or 3 (can't remember) bolts holding the motor, leave the rearmost bolt in but loosen it so you can pivot the motor down. This will give you space to feed the cable housing through.

All there is to it from memory

anfos

May 1, 2021
Greece
I think you don't need to drop the motor, or remove the cranks. The plastic cover can be removed with the cranks on (although I would recommend a ball end allen key for the small screws, I did it with a normal one).

The cables going from the battery cover to the motor pass through a hole, you can use that to feed the cable (y)

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
Hello all.

As my confidence has grown in my 2021 Stance E+ 2 I've taken on more advanced tracks and found myself lying on the ground a couple of times, mostly via an oops on a downhill and a trip over the handlebars. Once with a dog on the track and another time I was not carrying enough speed into a banked turn and a sudden drop-off at the end. The problem was my seat height and C of G (also fools who walk there dog on a MTB track clearly marked "NO DOGS"). My weight was all too far forward and because of the seat I not able to get it further back on downhills, the solution was a dropper post. In April I installed a Rainier Gen 3 Dropper Post & Loam Lever from PNW Components based in Seattle WA. I'm very impressed with my purchase. Their service was great and it came with a lifetime warranty, they shipped internationally and the kit came with the dropper post & lever of my choice and all associated parts and a spare cable. It arrived down here in New Zealand very quickly. It is a quality product, well manufactured and they were very helpful answering the questions I had.

The Rainier is also equipped with a tool-less travel adjust system that enables the rider to reduce their dropper’s travel in increments of 5mm thru a range of 30mm adjustment. Great if you're in-between sizes and struggling to find the perfect seat height.

My Stance is a large frame and after doing the measurements I initially ordered their 150mm travel length dropper post using advise from the PNW Components online calculator, fortunately I double checked my frame measurements against their stated measurements for the Rainier Gen 3 Dropper Post. I realised that the maximum insertion length I can have from the top of the seat collar to the suspension pivot is 240mm. The 150mm dropper post would just fit, but there could be interference with the lower actuating mechanism and the suspension pivot. I changed my order to the 125mm travel length model and this has worked well. The Stance's seat tube diameter is 30.9mm

Installation was not overly difficult. I removed the lower bash guard and side covers, then the two rear motor mount bolts and ran the cable across the top of the motor, up the battery tube and out the RHS and across to the handlebar.

IMG_1154.JPG
IMG_1156.JPG

Rainer Dimensions.jpg

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles