Sram transmission chain not seating on 3rd gear

Mteam

E*POWAH Elite
Aug 3, 2020
gone
That literally shouldn't work with the cassette spacing/offset.
I know that's what sram say, but I can confirm it works fine, I used the micro adjust to move the mech 2 'clicks' in board, and it seems perfectly fine.

There are plenty of other people on you tube etc that have done the same with a variety of other cassettes, shimano 12 speed, sram regular eagle 12 speed etc, some spaced the cassette out with a small spacer on the hub, others just used the micro adjust.

Last edited:

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
I know that's what sram say, but I can confirm it works fine, I used the micro adjust to move the mech 2 'clicks' in board, and it seems perfectly fine.

There are plenty of other people on you tube etc that have done the same with a variety of other cassettes, shimano 12 speed, sram regular eagle 12 speed etc, some spaced the cassette out with a small spacer on the hub, others just used the micro adjust.
Awesome!

RickBullotta

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jun 5, 2019
USA
The clutch on the old AXS was garbage, I would eventually get bad chain slap on just about every bike I had it on. I had 5 derailleurs replaced under warranty between 3 bikes. The only one that hasn’t been replaced at least once is my wife’s bike because it’s barely been ridden, she was back to back pregnant🤣😂

I’m running the transmission on 3 bikes now. Two of the bikes have a 55mm chain line and it’s awesome on those bikes, the third has a 52mm chain line. The 52mm chain line bike has had a few issues with rough shifting, micro adjust will only work for so long before I have to go back through the whole set-up procedure.

Interesting. Never had an issue. Probably has to do with suspension design/kinematics. I spend 95% of my riding miles on my Santa Cruz Hightower w/XX1 AXS. And my Borealis is a hardtail with GX AXS.

P00KIENRAYRAY

Nov 23, 2020
California
So just to update anyone who's interested regarding 3rd gear not playing nice on my Canyon Spectral ON. I called SRAM customer service, they told me the usual and obvious troubleshooting practices, such as torquing down the cassette and making sure the notches on the RD are lined up. I told them I did that, and they told me to take it into a shop. So I did that. My LBS tech told me that the cassette looked too close to the drop out, and he put a 1mm spacer to offset. Then he microshifted all the way to the 1 setting, and it works fine now. He told me that he intalls transmission regularly and hasn't seen anything like that. Since my frame is a 2020 model, he thinks Canyon may have designed it with UDH, but not necessarily for it to have clearance for transmission (especially since transmission was not announced yet). He said that there's possibly other frames out there that has UDH but lacks proper clearance for transmission.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles