Sram Guide Re problem after bleeding

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Can anyone help? I've just bleed my guide re brakes and I have an issue with the rear brake lever. I put the brake pads in and fitted the rear wheel, then went to pump the rear brake lever so the pads adjust to the disc. After 2 or three pumps the lever is rock solid. It doesn't move the caliper and pads at all, but the lever will not pull in to the bars. Is there anything obvious that could be wrong? The front brake bleed went well and everything works as it should on the front.

Jamy

Sep 24, 2019
rotherham
its nothing to do with this is it
1596899224820.png

1596899195608.png

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Are the pads locked against the disc? Rear wheel locked up?
No, the pads are away from the disc. The wheel spins freely. The lever doesn't move at all. It's as if something inside the lever is jammed and won't move.

Astom22

Jan 11, 2020
Celina, TX
No, the pads are away from the disc. The wheel spins freely. The lever doesn't move at all. It's as if something inside the lever is jammed and won't move.
Well there goes the extent of my knowledge. I will be following though, so I can learn something I'm sure I'll need in the future.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
The lever has a separate fluid reservoir and a very tiny air bleed hole. Sounds like the lever is compacted. I would release the bleed nipple on the lever and bleed again...and check that tiny hole is not blocked.

DaveNewing

Feb 3, 2020
UK
Problem solved. I removed the hose and the jammed lever still persisted. I realised that the lever has a one way valve at the hose end that prevents fluid leaking if you take the hose off. The ferrule on the hose had moved just beyond the end of the hose insert and therefore the one way valve hadn't been pushed in by the hose insert. New hose insert and ferrule fitted and brakes work well.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles