SRAM Guide to guide G2?

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Currently running the guide T and they do the job for the most part. The rear calliper is rooted and rather than buy just the calliper I would upgrade to the new guide G2's

Question is can I just swap the lever and calliper and leave the hose in place and reuse as I don't want to internally route a new cable. I understand on the lever end I'll need to cut and install new olive and Barb but will the banjo be OK to reuse on the calliper? Anyone done it?

Supratad

Nov 13, 2019
North Yorkshire, UK
Just done it this morning, No leaks so far and that's with not changing the barb. One new rubber ring on the banjo, caliper side.
Early days yet though.

The SRAM Bleed kit is a faff on though. It does work though.

Reactions: iXi

iXi

E*POWAH Master
Feb 17, 2019
Brisbane
Awesome, yeah I've got the bleed kit and actually got the brakes working really well with it after numerous tries. Think I've got it sussed now.

Only problem I threaded the calliper pin and lost the clip. The other day I checked and the pads where just sitting in there with no pin. Lucky it was only the back brake.

I wouldn't mind the adjustment on the lever compared to the T lever so seems a no brainier to upgrade.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles