Specialized Turbo Levo First Ride

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Well what a bike absolutely love the Levo amazing done some amazing climbs and descents bike handled everything with ease shortened the stem to 45 mm feels much better so pleased with my choice of bike done 24.4 miles and 3800 feet of elevation still had three bars left on the battery love it ?

38560732-D358-4516-A306-DC097131647A.jpeg

5499D7F0-8337-45B4-95F6-30A0DC17A1C7.jpeg

6951CF35-C9BA-4935-9BE4-304B79095A93.jpeg

662075E6-F6F3-402E-A4EC-9EF9843A1DBB.jpeg

BD2C0568-AF79-406B-9B6B-6EEB2DCD58BF.jpeg

E5128917-4DBB-4EC9-B565-DA236815DA1B.jpeg

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
That’s a real test ride, impressive!
Cheers mate was hard work had to still dig deep on the climbs as I was worried about battery life but bike was mint I am quite bike fit aswell doing trails on my Trance most weekends so I am surprised how tired I still was especially upper body had to dig deep In places still had 34 percent battery lifeleft at the end one very happy Levo owner

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
I'm really pleased your first ride was so positive. It looks lovely up at Honnistor. Is that a slate mine trail ? or did you just use the cafe? I keep meaning to visit there there at some point as they have a pretty good death slide so i hear.

What mode did you do the trail in? I'm pretty impressed your battery held up. I spent Sunday in the shop at Rutland Whitwell drooling over the comp carbon and having a chat with the lads in there. So i'm organising a 48 hour test ride.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Mainly eco and trail had to dip into full power once or twice tbh it was to much on the stones and it felt like it was pushing me off line a tad so dropped back to trail on the mega steep stuff yeah slate mine trail it was proper narly decent at the other side after the climb scary at times and I love downhill sections lol get it mate promise you won’t regret it fantastic bike ??

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Mainly eco and trail had to dip into full power once or twice tbh it was to much on the stones and it felt like it was pushing me off line a tad so dropped back to trail on the mega steep stuff yeah slate mine trail it was proper narly decent at the other side after the climb scary at times and I love downhill sections lol get it mate promise you won’t regret it fantastic bike ??
My problem is i'm always too bloody cautious. Especially at this price. But reading things like how much fun you have had tips that balance for me. I'll do the test ride and see how i go. I enjoyed the short ride i had on the Trek powerfly. Honnistor looks a right hoot mate. I didn't know they had those trails there.

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
If your going to test ride a levo get them to show you how to use the mission control app the settings can make a massive difference
Good idea that. I had a look at a couple of youtube videos but would like them to get it set up for the demo ride Dave. I've read a few things about connectivity issues. Have you had any negative dealings with it ?

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
No not really the early app was a bit crap , the latest version is better and the ios version works better for me than the android version but that just my experience

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
No not really the early app was a bit crap , the latest version is better and the ios version works better for me than the android version but that just my experience
Do you set your phone up on your bike? I'm sure i also read somewhere that the Garmin Edges will connect also. Not sure if i've just made that bit up lol

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Good idea that. I had a look at a couple of youtube videos but would like them to get it set up for the demo ride Dave. I've read a few things about connectivity issues. Have you had any negative dealings with it ?
I’ve had settings issues with mission control on the profile part it won’t let me adjust my weight after setting the incorrect one initially tried to contact them to no avail but the rest of it seems fine

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
In the mission app you can set a fake channel, this is interpreted by the garmin ( some garmins) and gives a readout, not used it myself so not excactly sure what info you get

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
I’ve had settings issues with mission control on the profile part it won’t let me adjust my weight after setting the incorrect one initially tried to contact them to no avail but the rest of it seems fine
Silly question Shane as i'm sure you have already tried this. But would it allow you to discard the app and re download it and re register ? Wondered if that would reset the data.

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
In the mission app you can set a fake channel, this is interpreted by the garmin ( some garmins) and gives a readout, not used it myself so not excactly sure what info you get
I was going to buy the Garmin Edge anyway for a road bike as i was reluctant to strap my iPhone to the bike. Even with a protective case i'd find a way of breaking it. I'll have a chat with the lads up at Rutland when i do the demo and report back.

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Silly question Shane as i'm sure you have already tried this. But would it allow you to discard the app and re download it and re register ? Wondered if that would reset the data.
Did it twice buddy couldn’t find a way to delete app so so re downloaded it after removing it from my iPhone brought my info back up maybe it’s me am not the most technical type lol

cheekynuke

Apr 3, 2018
Buckinghamshire
Did it twice buddy couldn’t find a way to delete app so so re downloaded it after removing it from my iPhone brought my info back up maybe it’s me am not the most technical type lol
I just wondered if there was anyway you could deactivate the account and set up a new one after downloading the app again. Bloody typical it saves your data. That may be linked to auto saving it to your iCloud account.

Theolegit

Patreon
Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Halstead
I was going to buy the Garmin Edge anyway for a road bike as i was reluctant to strap my iPhone to the bike. Even with a protective case i'd find a way of breaking it. I'll have a chat with the lads up at Rutland when i do the demo and report back.
I got a Garmin Fenix 5, had an edge 1000 and the fenix does everything and more that the edge did, shows power mode and battery left in % plus all the usual cadence, speed, etc etc from the bike, plus goes on you wrist so keeps the bars clean

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Hey Shane - that's great. I've also got Turbo Levo and often am working in Keswick. But sounds like you're a different level than me
Fanstastic bikes arnt they absolutely love mine doing Hamsterly red and black route tomorrow can’t wait I ride with people of all levels mate tbh it’s all about the crack and banter just love to be out on the bikes do ya get out much up the lakes a love the place

galaga187

E*POWAH Master
Apr 15, 2018
Wroughton
Well what a bike absolutely love the Levo amazing done some amazing climbs and descents bike handled everything with ease shortened the stem to 45 mm feels much better so pleased with my choice of bike done 24.4 miles and 3800 feet of elevation still had three bars left on the battery love it ?

View attachment 964

View attachment 965

View attachment 966

View attachment 967

View attachment 970

View attachment 972

View attachment 964

View attachment 965

View attachment 966

View attachment 967

View attachment 970

View attachment 972
Is this the Borrowdale Bash?

Tori

Apr 1, 2018
Australia
Hey Shane, buy a second battery so when I come visit the Lakes with my Levo I can nick it off you and come riding ;) Can't fly with a battery I don't think.

So much good riding over where you're at!!!

BTW with the Mission Control App; I reinstalled it on my Android device and it seems to be working OK again . . .

Shane’s1000rr

Apr 4, 2018
County Durham
Hey Shane, buy a second battery so when I come visit the Lakes with my Levo I can nick it off you and come riding ;) Can't fly with a battery I don't think.

So much good riding over where you're at!!!

BTW with the Mission Control App; I reinstalled it on my Android device and it seems to be working OK again . . .
Can get you a lend of a battery no worries Tori ya welcome anytime we are lucky here havin so many trails on our doorstep dirt bike mountain bike and good roads for the sports bikes a just love all things two wheels so it’s heaven for us here still like France Les gets Morzine had some fantastic times there on the mountain bikes would love trip back there on the Levo ??

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles