Kenevo Gen1 Turbo Kenevo vs turbo levo range?

Deep.5

Dec 22, 2021
Marin County
I have a Marin alpine e2 which is great but the range is kind of limited. If I go in boost mode I can get about 2k feet of elevation gain.
I met a rider the other day with a Kenevo who said he can do about 5-6k feet in boost.

Looking at the spec of the Kenevo and levo I think either bike would be ok. I ride some steep trails but mostly black or blue not much double black. I dont need 180mm of travel- I’m 48 and not a bad ass. And it looks like the head angle is 64.5 on both bikes so either one will be adequate for me.
With a 700w battery is there a difference in range between the turbo levo and Kenevo?

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I have a Marin alpine e2 which is great but the range is kind of limited. If I go in boost mode I can get about 2k feet of elevation gain.
I met a rider the other day with a Kenevo who said he can do about 5-6k feet in boost.

Looking at the spec of the Kenevo and levo I think either bike would be ok. I ride some steep trails but mostly black or blue not much double black. I dont need 180mm of travel- I’m 48 and not a bad ass. And it looks like the head angle is 64.5 on both bikes so either one will be adequate for me.
With a 700w battery is there a difference in range between the turbo levo and Kenevo?
Theoretically they will be the same.

It's the same motor and battery combination.

The extra suspension difference won't contribute to using much additional power when pedalling - call it negligible !

The temptation might be to run some heavier duty tyres on the Kenevo as you might hammer it down some different trails ?!?! If you ran something like DH22's on the Kenevo and Wild Enduro's on the Levo, you'd lose a chunk of range there potentially. But the same tyres and you'd be similar.

Deep.5

Dec 22, 2021
Marin County
The Marin has a 630 battery and the Kenevo and levo models I was looking at have 700
Also the Marin has a shimano ep8 while I think I specialized has Brose

CruJones

Nov 24, 2021
USA

I don't believe they get 5-6K in boost. I get ~3-3.5K on my 500w battery Kenevo and I never use boost (Turbo), so I don't believe anyone is getting near 5K even with the 700w battery.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles