Levo Gen 2 Turb Levo range question

akbud

Apr 4, 2021
alaska
I am 70 and am struggling on my favorite ride. It is 32miles with 3400 feet of climbing. Mostly 6-8% grades with some 10 and even 13%. I am 220+lb so that doesn't help. The ride is dirt and involves three major climbs. It takes me 4 and half hours total on my mtn bike. This summer I am facing some additional problems so am looking at getting an ebike which most likely will not be delivered this season so it's a gamble. I can work reasonably hard so it's not like I need full assist the entire time but am curious if the Turbo Levo would "for sure" be able to assist me for roughly 20mi of serious climbing , probably...maybe...or what. Do any of you have a sense regarding the range for a heavier rider wanting to do roughly 15-20mi of uphill for total distance of 35-40mi? It is a dirt road...no single track...just some serious climbing at times. One stretch is 8.5mi of nearly constant climbing.

Careyj1

May 6, 2020
USA
Trail and eco yes, Turbo should be able to do the 32 miles and 3400 feet with no problem. If you get to about 4500ft of climb and 32 miles all turbo, you will be running out of battery based on my rides.

Limy78

Jan 19, 2021
Staffordshire
I reckon with the 700wh battery you should be fine. My rides tend to be shorter around 25 miles but 6500ft of climbing. That just about kills the battery. You can also tailor your settings in mission control app which should help with battery life. On another note i have lots of mates on different ebikes. My battery on the Levo outlasts them all.

dobbyhasfriends

🌹Old Bloke 🎸
Subscriber
Sep 19, 2019
Llandovery, Wales
first up, at 70 doing a ride like that is excellent ! fair play to ya !

second, my opinion is that this question about range, while everyone has to ask it and needs to ask it before buying their first ebike, it isnt suitable for a forum like this, you really need to ask the guys that are riding that route on ebikes how they get on either personally or on a facebook group etc.

I ride with a lot of other Levo guys and dont know anyone that can get 32 miles out of their bike around here in turbo, the last time I did a ride like that I was in 25% eco the entire time and got back with 7% and that was only 3400ft I turned the motor off for a good part of that ride as well. terrain plays a huge part as do many other factors.

as a guide, im usually around 100kgs in riding gear, I live and ride in South Wales and can cover 3600ft in around 18 miles in turbo (60-100), its my regular ride. If I wanna do any more than that then I have to use eco and trail.
the riding around here is very rocky with lots of impacts to slow your momentum, there is a lot of gravel and aggregate mixed with mud, a lot of water and boggy ground and usually a fair bit of wind (cue @Zimmerframe) that will always be in your face slowing you down as well.

if I was on manicured, dry flowing trails then yea, I guess its possible but the point of my post is that its a pointless question that if you depend on the answers only to find you dont get close to the ranges that other people have assured you will then you may experience some disappointment.

In my day job I am insured against giving verbal advice to customers, if everyone on here had to be so careful as to not be sued sometime in the future for bad advice, there may be more caveats or less advice given ? anyway, on that ironic note, YMMV :cool:

EDIT: probably worth looking up the strava stats of people near you doing those trails and using ebikes.

Grannyjones

May 25, 2020
England
I have ridden in the Peaks and Pennines a lot on 700 WH. The biggest ride mileage wise was 50 miles with 5000 feet of climbing. All in Eco mode.

More typical of a ride is 5000-6000 feet of climbing in 27-35 miles in a mix of Trail and Turbo.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles