Other Specialized Creo SL and Wahoo Elemnt integration

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
Hi everyone,

When I pair my Creo to my Wahoo Elemnt Roam I only find Ebike sensor to pair. While initially this is fine this has problems as there seems to be a problem in the Wahoo/Specialized integration. Distance is way off, and it has nothing to do with wheel circumference, and also Auto-Pause does not function as when stopped the Wahoo still records a low speed on the unit, preventing it from auto-pausing.

I have raised a ticket with Wahoo who are already aware of the issue and say they are working with Specilaized to solve this problem.

My question is that the only field I really need from the Creo to show on my Wahoo, is Power. Is it possible to only pair Power and let GPS do the distance and speed calculation on my Wahoo?

Just for information went for a ride yesterday, Wahoo recorded 27km, whilst Mission control recorded 31km. Wheel circumference is set at 2200mm which is slightly higher than the 2185mm which is recommended for my tyre size, so the distance should have been higher, not less and definitely such as small discrepamcy on wheel circumference should not account for such a large distance difference.

Any feedback pls from @Specialized Rider Care?

DreamensioN

Aug 9, 2020
Brisbane, Australia
I've had the same issue on my Levo Comp. The distance was WAAAAAAAY out (I've got a Wahoo Bolt). Is your wheel circumference correct in the Mission Control app? If not - it's something you'll need to get the bike shop to change. I originally had my Levo Comp set as 27.5" wheels instead of 29". This tricks the motor into giving me what was effectively assistance to 26.5kph instead of cutting out at 25kph. ....it wasn't worth it for the distance it miscalculated.

The bike shop set my wheels back to 29", and it is far more accurate. Still a little out, but nowhere near as much as before. When I upload to Strava I just correct the distance, and over a 50km right it might correct 0.5-1km or so. On the old setting it was like 20km out over an 80km ride.

ThierryGTLTS

Feb 17, 2020
Belgium
Hi everyone,

My question is that the only field I really need from the Creo to show on my Wahoo, is Power.

Just for information went for a ride yesterday, Wahoo recorded 27km, whilst Mission control recorded 31km. Wheel circumference is set at 2200mm which is slightly higher than the 2185mm which is recommended for my tyre size, so the distance should have been higher, not less and definitely such as small discrepamcy on wheel circumference should not account for such a large distance difference.

To display Power, you can use the Specialized TCD.

Such a small difference (less than 1%) in Wheel circumference can't explain more than 10% recorded distance.

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
I've had the same issue on my Levo Comp. The distance was WAAAAAAAY out (I've got a Wahoo Bolt). Is your wheel circumference correct in the Mission Control app? If not - it's something you'll need to get the bike shop to change. I originally had my Levo Comp set as 27.5" wheels instead of 29". This tricks the motor into giving me what was effectively assistance to 26.5kph instead of cutting out at 25kph. ....it wasn't worth it for the distance it miscalculated.

The bike shop set my wheels back to 29", and it is far more accurate. Still a little out, but nowhere near as much as before. When I upload to Strava I just correct the distance, and over a 50km right it might correct 0.5-1km or so. On the old setting it was like 20km out over an 80km ride.
hi, the wheel circumference is only slightly different, its set at 2200mm instead of the 2185mm it should be, so the difference does not account for such a big miscalculation.

Thanksss

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
To display Power, you can use the Specialized TCD.

Such a small difference (less than 1%) in Wheel circumference can't explain more than 10% recorded distance.
thanks but dont use the TCD, prefer to use my Wahoo which I already have setup to my preferences and also has my routes on.

NoPro

Aug 2, 2019
Austria
While I do not have any experience with SL bikes, my garmin finds two sensors on my ff Levo, one for Speed/Cadence and one for Power. So it should be possible to disconnect the Speed/Cadence Sensor that way the garmin/wahoo should revert to gps for Speed and Distance you would still loose cadence.

Reading your discription makes me think your problem could be related to the one I have with my 3rd party display (garmin) where the speed just freezes and the recorded distance is way off (more in my case). See thread.

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
While I do not have any experience with SL bikes, my garmin finds two sensors on my ff Levo, one for Speed/Cadence and one for Power. So it should be possible to disconnect the Speed/Cadence Sensor that way the garmin/wahoo should revert to gps for Speed and Distance you would still loose cadence.

Reading your discription makes me think your problem could be related to the one I have with my 3rd party display (garmin) where the speed just freezes and the recorded distance is way off (more in my case). See thread.
thanks, only one sensor found on my Wahoo, Ebike..... not sure if its a Wahoo thing or the SL bike

Darweez03

Sep 24, 2021
California
Just paired to my turbo Levo. The auto start/pause is a great feature to have. Before pairing to levo, the gps for the auto feature worked flawlessly. Anyone ever get a fix from wahoo?just got a new update today and still does not work...

mathiaspap

Feb 23, 2021
Cyprus
Hey everyone,

So update. The distance bug seems to have been fixed as over the last couple of months my distances are spot on

The auto-pause still not working, I have contacted Wahoo support and their engineers have still not addressed this issue. I am guessing they address the issues which are most important to their users, not the more of us raise a support issue and faster this will be addressed.

Thank you

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles