Spare bike

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Something with a Bosch motor personally.
maybe a light weight Ebike is tempted though? but I don't see the point in them..
stick a smaller battery in a full fat and run in eco mode and it's basically the same thing.

mtbbiker

Sep 15, 2018
Murrieta
I’ve got a 2021 Levo and had numerous issues: 2 motors and a cracked frame (aluminum) by the motor. Specialized gave me a new carbon fiber frame and new motor but took about a month to get. In the mean time I bought the well-priced 2022 Kenevo and had lots of spare upgraded parts around to install on it. Love both bikes, but Kenevo gets ridden the most! Kenevo recently needed a motor and thank goodness I had a backup bike👍🏼

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
Something with a Bosch motor personally.
maybe a light weight Ebike is tempted though? but I don't see the point in them..
stick a smaller battery in a full fat and run in eco mode and it's basically the same thing.
Think the Levo will end up as the spare bike if I do buy something else.

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I’ve got a 2021 Levo and had numerous issues: 2 motors and a cracked frame (aluminum) by the motor. Specialized gave me a new carbon fiber frame and new motor but took about a month to get. In the mean time I bought the well-priced 2022 Kenevo and had lots of spare upgraded parts around to install on it. Love both bikes, but Kenevo gets ridden the most! Kenevo recently needed a motor and thank goodness I had a backup bike👍🏼
I would definitely buy a different brand .

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I’ve a gravel bike for when the levo has its frequent mishaps!
Couldn’t be more different though equally enjoyable on the fire tracks

Reactions: Ark

Binhill1

🍊 Tango Man 🍊
Mar 7, 2019
Scotland
I'm in process of converting a Dawes Super galaxy to gravel . I managed to get 37mm tyres on still keeping my mudguards. My wheels need replacing so ordered from Spa cycles get soon I hope and got a free pair of wider bars. May need mini v brakes the brakes are useless but maybe something to do with the rim wear. Had a couple of forestry road rides spot on but need to be careful going down they are quick. Only crashed once.

Ark

Mar 8, 2023
Newcastle Upon Tyne
Yea Grave; bikes are great, I've got an analogue Cyclocross which is basically the same thing and it's so lightweight and fun to ride as long as the terrain isn't overly bumpy.
You can pretty much ride them anywhere a hardtail XC bike can ride.
Mine even has dual brake levers so it's possible to brake whilst holding the top bars ^_^

Snrbrtsn

Apr 7, 2021
Uk - Scotland
I’ve had my gravel bike since 2019, it really puts an ebike into an context, the wear & tear is minimal, the set-up is simple the reliability is second to none and you can blast it with a pressure washer, after a ride your guaranteed to be left hanging, sweating and out of breathe
In four years, I’ve only just changed the wheel bearings

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles