Spacer removal on rear shock

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Am I right in saying that the Super Deluxe Ultimate has a stroke limiting spacer that can be removed to give more rear wheel travel? Same as my old Trek Fuel Ex that I removed with tin snips.

If so how much travel does removing it give and do you need to run the flip chip in the high position to get enough tyre clearance?

Not got the bike yet but already got a 170mm airspring for it. Will ride it as standard for a bit first before I change anything but I do like to tinker!

Last edited:

Shjay

Apr 30, 2019
Kent
What is standard shock length on the Trek?
I know the shocks come in 230X60, 230X62.5 etc so I presume different size spacers used
I was told by tuning company for Ohlins air shock the 210X52.5 & 210X55 you change spacers but you do have to have a spacer in the shock for Rockshox I don’t know

Oupy

Feb 22, 2022
Australia
Hi Davo - See here: 2021 super deluxe thrushaft travel spacer. - EMTB Forums
Removing the spacer will increase the stroke to 230x62.5 (from 57.5, its a 5mm spacer)

Think yourself, JP and me are all waiting on Rails and thinking of every possibility at this stage :p
Def going to ride mine stock for a bit and make decisions on upgrades as I go, might be perfect as is for where I ride but its great there is an upgrade path to increase travel if needed.

davosaurusrex

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 21, 2018
Worthing
Great, thanks. so that would take it to about 163mm of travel?

Edit - bet the linked thread tells me, I'll read that!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles