e-thirteen crank removal

damdegraff

Oct 28, 2020
California

coregrind

Dec 16, 2020
BEAVERTON, OREGON USA
Aaaarghhh!

Update: super annoyed, as this forum says I need the CCP-44 removal tool: Bosch crank puller - EMTB Forums

Annoying because according to the e-thirteen website it says I need the cpp-22: Bosch & Brose e*spec crankset user manual

Can anyone confirm with a Trek Rail 9.8XT 2021 what tool I need?
I’ve got a 9.7 but installed a pair of the e*thirteen aluminum arms. It appears they provided the wrong part number for the Park tool in the instructions. The CCP-22 tool is for square-taper type crank arms and not compatible. The CCP-44 tool is the correct one for splined ISIS type.

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
Hi, I looking to remove and clean the crank on my Rail 5. Having removed the 8mm crankarm nut, it looks like there's a 10 splined ISIS type behind. The pictures on the Park Tool website and elsewhere, the CCP-44 doesn't seem to have the notches to engaged these 10 splines.. anyone confirm how the CCP-44 works with the 10 splined cranks? Or am I mistaken with the whole 10 spline thing (entirely possible!)? Any help appreciated, thanks

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Hi, I looking to remove and clean the crank on my Rail 5. Having removed the 8mm crankarm nut, it looks like there's a 10 splined ISIS type behind. The pictures on the Park Tool website and elsewhere, the CCP-44 doesn't seem to have the notches to engaged these 10 splines.. anyone confirm how the CCP-44 works with the 10 splined cranks? Or am I mistaken with the whole 10 spline thing (entirely possible!)? Any help appreciated, thanks
The CCP-44 is the same as the CCP-22, but with a larger snap-on adapter to accommodate the ISIS type spindle on the motor; yes, it works.
While you're at it, get the BBT-18 and make sure the chainring nut is torqued to 25-30Nm.

UVRail

Sep 13, 2020
London
The CCP-44 is the same as the CCP-22, but with a larger snap-on adapter to accommodate the ISIS type spindle on the motor; yes, it works.
While you're at it, get the BBT-18 and make sure the chainring nut is torqued to 25-30Nm.
Thanks,
In the end, I used a universal puller with an extending wrench for some leverage.

Crank arms now off. Will also remove clean and relighten the chainring nut. Is it sensible to try and clean / grease inside the crank / motor bearings itself or is this not advisable with the gen 4 unit?

cheers,
Neil

Last edited:

slomtbr

Subscriber
May 14, 2021
US
Thanks,
In the end, I used a universal puller with an extending wrench for some leverage.

Crank arms now off. Will also remove clean and relighten the chainring nut. Is it sensible to try and clean / grease inside the crank / motor bearings itself or is this not advisable with the gen 4 unit?

cheers,
Neil
I would apply grease only to the exposed spindle.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles