some issues with derestricted brose mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bike

Good evening, guys no one has happened that causes the overheating of the engine transmission belt caused by the greater friction due to the greater overheating of the belt under stress (pedaling for some time at 40 km / h is not 'apparently the intended use by the manufacturer ) have there been problems with engine breakages?

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
While the alloy case Brose TF allows assistance up to 45kmh, I believe Brose would of implemented certain heat management protocol to both hardware and software to manage it.
Your Brose Mag has been restricted to 25kmh and you have chosen to derestrict it and power on for some distance at 40km. It would not have the heat management characteristics of the Brose TF and therefore you have cooked it and caused damage.
So yeah, you have used your motor outside it’s intended use and therefore have voided your warranty.
I like to laugh at stupid people so hahahahahahaha
Because people that derestrict their eMtb’s cast a dark shadow over those that do not, and help add fuel to the fire of those that seem to hate emtb,s
So again
Hahahahahaha

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
o not insult or flame other members of the forum. Similarly, do not post with the intention of provoking a reaction from fellow members. This includes encouraging flame wars. Instigation is not tolerated. 1 warning point.
Bit harsh...
Yes, I’m a bit harsh

Let me try put it into some prospective for you. If someone stole your eMtb from under your nose and accelerated down the street as you chased them. And then you witnessed this theif smash into a pole and bust up his face. Would you A. Pick him up, dust him off and put him back on your bike and say all good mate, carry on. Or B. Laugh at him loudly and say suck shit, before taking your bike back and leaving him in a heap.
I’d say you’d pick B

Derestricting your eMtb can hurt the greater eMtb community, weather you agree or not.

So if you derestrict your eMtb and have problems, then hahahahahaha

Bike

While the alloy case Brose TF allows assistance up to 45kmh, I believe Brose would of implemented certain heat management protocol to both hardware and software to manage it.
Your Brose Mag has been restricted to 25kmh and you have chosen to derestrict it and power on for some distance at 40km. It would not have the heat management characteristics of the Brose TF and therefore you have cooked it and caused damage.
So yeah, you have used your motor outside it’s intended use and therefore have voided your warranty.
I like to laugh at stupid people so hahahahahahaha
Because people that derestrict their eMtb’s cast a dark shadow over those that do not, and help add fuel to the fire of those that seem to hate emtb,s
So again
Hahahahahaha
Hey ciao Man i dont broke anithing bcz i dont put any derescrit till now.
Aniway some people broke the motor without any derestriction. Isn it? May be could happen to you!!!!
AHAHAHA

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Hey ciao Man i dont broke anithing bcz i dont put any derescrit till now.
Aniway some people broke the motor without any derestriction. Isn it? May be could happen to you!!!!
AHAHAHA

Narh, I have done over 8000km with my motor with no problems. It’s restricted as the factory intended. I guess you could say I’m laughing ??
if you derestrict your eMtb and it breaks then hahahahahaha.
If I break my motor, it will be covered under warranty and fixed for free. So again, I’m laughing.
If you derestrict your motor and it breaks then you are not covered under warranty and have to pay for a new motor. I laugh at you again.

So I guess, I am always laughing, but your actions of derestricting could have you crying.

Specialized and Brose will also laugh at you when you break it, as you will have to pay them for a new motor.
So Spesh and Brose also hahahahahaha at you ?

Last edited:

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
I'm not the internet police so I'll answer your question, or rather:

The real question should be: Will my engine be under more strain by riding 40km/h instead of 25km/h ?
Yes, aprox. double the amount or more due to exponential rolling/wind resistance .

Will it break sooner?
Maybe, probably, anything can happen. Even to restricted engines alot of failures can occur.

Where are you riding 40km/h with a EMTB for prolonged periods of time? Maybe it's not the right bike for your needs...

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Wow that escalated quickly.

@outerlimits - I sort of agree, I haven’t and wouldn’t derestrict my eMTB for the reasons you say. For speed I have my clockwork road bikes. The eMTB is just for fun. But the guy has a broken bike and I can empathise.

@Bike - I hope you get it fixed and get back on it soon.
Sorry if I have offended you @Bike, I really should not laugh if you do have troubles with your motor.
But I stand by my comments re: derestricting emtb’s.

Last edited:

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Will it break sooner?
Maybe, probably, anything can happen. Even to restricted engines alot of failures can occur.
I can think of circumstances that would break it sooner - without being derestricted. A heavy rider going steep uphill in Turbo will break it quicker.

Where are you riding 40km/h with a EMTB for prolonged periods of time? Maybe it's not the right bike for your needs...
Yes exactly although I'd say maybe you need another bike to go 40 km/h and keep the emtb for the trails.

Bike

I can think of circumstances that would break it sooner - without being derestricted. A heavy rider going steep uphill in Turbo will break it quicker.

Yes exactly although I'd say maybe you need another bike to go 40 km/h and keep the emtb for the trails.
Not on the trails but in long transfert.maybe you live in the mountain like heidi and
The US 32kmh limit is perfect in my view, I do find the 25kmh a pain in the ass. I see no issue de-restricting a bike to 35kmh and have no doubt it won't have any negative impact on the motor.
Ty very much @Chubba some no haters guys and pseudo police man exist ????

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
maybe you live in the mountain like heidi
No I live not far from what was a few days ago, a pristine ancient rainforest - that has now been completely devastated by bushfire.

Bike

I'm not the internet police so I'll answer your question, or rather:

The real question should be: Will my engine be under more strain by riding 40km/h instead of 25km/h ?
Yes, aprox. double the amount or more due to exponential rolling/wind resistance .

Will it break sooner?

Transfert road like road bicycle its more safe not going 25km h but at least 33/35 believe me
After 20 years of road bike i can assure you

Bike

Wow that escalated quickly.

@outerlimits - I sort of agree, I haven’t and wouldn’t derestrict my eMTB for the reasons you say. For speed I have my clockwork road bikes. The eMTB is just for fun. But the guy has a broken bike and I can empathise.

@Bike - I hope you get it fixed and get back on it soon.
Is not broken and not restricted till now but i have asked bcz maybe soon i wil do it.
Ty ?

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Exactly these are reasonables answer ty @wepn
Personally I don't have a problem at with people derestricting as long as nobody gets hurt.

Unfortunately even people with a lot of riding experience get hurt or much worse hurt others at the same time so please take care. I agree it's safer at say 32 km/h in traffic but it's much safer not to be in traffic in the first place. Do you feel safe riding alongside cars in Italy? I've seen some crazy dudes on the autostrada & elsewhere.

outerlimits

E*POWAH BOSS
Founding Member
Feb 3, 2018
Australia
Dont like ..here we stay to comunicate and to share passion no to laugh on other problems.Maybe Someone should explain to you soon.
If you derestrict your eMtb @Bike And it breaks and or you fall off, I will defiantly laugh at you.
As for others that choose to do the same, I’ll just sigh ?‍♂️

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Non preoccuparti per @outerlimits . Normalmente rimuove la sua frustrazione con un buon WAFFLE STOMP. Sfortunatamente, al momento è COSTIPATO, quindi le sue frustrazioni sono letteralmente bloccate dentro.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
I think the most I can reasonably sustain on the flat is 36kph on the Kenevo, so if you de-restriced and were going 40kph, you wouldn't be going much faster than is possible on a restricted bike - though you'd be less knackered ! Arguably, you'd be more alert as you wouldn't be devoting 100% of your energy and most of your concentration to pedalling as hard as possible. I remember as a child trying to ride as hard and as fast as possible and being so focused that I rode into the back of a parked car ! :) Steel bikes were tough !

99% of the time the lack of motor power will keep you below 25kph anyway - or the terrain will make it impossible to go more than 25kph. Invariably people with a restricted or de-restricted bike will mainly be going over 25kph when they're descending.

In terms of heat or strain, I'm not sure what the difference would be if the motor was driving you up a hill for ten minutes at 15kph in maxed out turbo at a cadence of 120, or if you were on the flat doing 40kph in maxed out turbo at a cadence of 120 for 10 minutes. The power being produced by the motor, the number of revolutions and the strain would all be the same. The only difference would be the slight advantage of some extra air flow at 40kph to cool the motor ?

But anyway, don't de-restrict your motor .. it's illegal - unless you have diplomatic immunity.

Zimmerframe

MUPPET
Subscriber
Jun 12, 2019
Brittany, France
Oh my god .. it's stopped raining .. time for a ride.. I will no doubt fall off because it's icy and wet .. perfect .. so in advance hahahahahaha .. If only I could de-restrict my abilities ! :)

Just quaffed some croissant and coffee, so a 95% chance of vomit during a fall - excellent .. I'll take a picture ...

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
If you derestrict your eMtb @Bike And it breaks and or you fall off, I will defiantly laugh at you.
As for others that choose to do the same, I’ll just sigh ?‍♂️

You need to lighten up a bit. Laughing at people who fall off their bikes is quite a strange attitude to have..:.

I rode around with the 15mph limit until I realised that literally everyone I was riding with, and most of the members of this forum, have derestricted their bikes.

Go back under your rock ?

Bike

Narh, I have done over 8000km with my motor with no problems. It’s restricted as the factory intended. I guess you could say I’m laughing ??
if you derestrict your eMtb and it breaks then hahahahahaha.
If I break my motor, it will be covered under warranty and fixed for free. So again, I’m laughing.
If you derestrict your motor and it breaks then you are not covered under warranty and have to pay for a new motor. I laugh at you again.

So I guess, I am always laughing, but your actions of derestricting could have you crying.

Specialized and Brose will also laugh at you when you break it, as you will have to pay them for a new motor.
So Spesh and Brose also hahahahahaha at you ?
You need to lighten up a bit. Laughing at people who fall off their bikes is quite a strange attitude to have..:.

I rode around with the 15mph limit until I realised that literally everyone I was riding with, and most of the members of this forum, have derestricted their bikes.

Go back under your rock ?
I quote you!!! for some person maybe it will be necessessary a good doctor ,but a very good one!!:p:p

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles