some issues with derestricted brose mag

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bike

You need to lighten up a bit. Laughing at people who fall off their bikes is quite a strange attitude to have..:.

I rode around with the 15mph limit until I realised that literally everyone I was riding with, and most of the members of this forum, have derestricted their bikes.

Go back under your rock ?
well done! out of the forum will be the solution,without any doubt, IMO.

Bike

Personally I don't have a problem at with people derestricting as long as nobody gets hurt.

Unfortunately even people with a lot of riding experience get hurt or much worse hurt others at the same time so please take care. I agree it's safer at say 32 km/h in traffic but it's much safer not to be in traffic in the first place. Do you feel safe riding alongside cars in Italy? I've seen some crazy dudes on the autostrada & elsewhere.
What i mean is,sure going on 25kmh on a traffic road is safer than going with attention to 33/35kmh (imo) not at all!! First of all the difference of speed with all the others(auto,camion,vagon ecc) is too high and you became a perfect target.o_O;):cool:

desmoracing

Oct 2, 2019
Bavaria
Sorry but this is all Bullshit that Bikes are breaking faster at 35-or 40kmh, first the 25kmh limit is a government case limit NOT a Bike Manufactured chosen limit,

1. you can buy a Bosch S Pedelec with the SAME EXACT motor as the normal BOSCH 25kmh limit non S-Pedelec and BOSCH gives you the same warranty on the S-Pedelec.

2. THE SAME EXACT Shimano, BROSE, BOSCH Motors are in all US Bikes and they can go 20mpg=32kmh and they don't break any more than our EU 25kmh Versions. the 25kmh limit is PURELEY a Government/Insurance THEME! if u use for example BLevo on Specialized bikes and analyse the Strain you put on the engine (ie. Motor & Battery Temp.) you will see that the max Strain is when you go Turbo up a mountain for more than 1h (Motor Temp. hitting 75C) going 40kmh turbo on the a level Surface is definitely LESS hard on the Motor than going steep uphills in Turbo for a prolonged time.

3. EVERY manufacturer has a Heat Management power derating Algorithm in the engine (i.e. post a certain Temp. the Engine & battery will give you less Power)

The EU 25kmh limit is a total stupid political decision, if they would have gone with the 20mph restrict as in the US much less people will tune their engines past 25kmh, 32kmh is about the sweet spot where you don't really need assistance anymore, 25kmh is just a pain as it is on the limit where you could still pedal but you hit the wall.

Bike

Sorry but this is all Bullshit that Bikes are breaking faster at 35-or 40kmh, first the 25kmh limit is a government case limit NOT a Bike Manufactured chosen limit,

1. you can buy a Bosch S Pedelec with the SAME EXACT motor as the normal BOSCH 25kmh limit non S-Pedelec and BOSCH gives you the same warranty on the S-Pedelec.

2. THE SAME EXACT Shimano, BROSE, BOSCH Motors are in all US Bikes and they can go 20mpg=32kmh and they don't break any more than our EU 25kmh Versions. the 25kmh limit is PURELEY a Government/Insurance THEME! if u use for example BLevo on Specialized bikes and analyse the Strain you put on the engine (ie. Motor & Battery Temp.) you will see that the max Strain is when you go Turbo up a mountain for more than 1h (Motor Temp. hitting 75C) going 40kmh turbo on the a level Surface is definitely LESS hard on the Motor than going steep uphills in Turbo for a prolonged time.

3. EVERY manufacturer has a Heat Management power derating Algorithm in the engine (i.e. post a certain Temp. the Engine & battery will give you less Power)

The EU 25kmh limit is a total stupid political decision, if they would have gone with the 20mph restrict as in the US much less people will tune their engines past 25kmh, 32kmh is about the sweet spot where you don't really need assistance anymore, 25kmh is just a pain as it is on the limit where you could still pedal but you hit the wall.
totally agree!!!

ryturn

Sep 12, 2019
Australia
recently at an e festival and and guy came into the Specialized tent with a 2019 Levo problem , tech put it straight on the laptop showed it had been fiddled ,tech responded sorry , i really am but l can't work on it you'll have to take back to the person or dealer that derestricted it sorry. The tech was polite but firm.

Haedesz

Sep 20, 2019
Belgium
This thread should be deleted just for the toxic athmosphere and misinformation thats being given.

OP wants to know if theres more friction heat from pedalling at 40km/h than 25km/h.
He does not mention going uphill, downhill or flat so the answer is Yes, this is physics.

@desmoracing
Your comparisons are invalid,

Why are you comparing going uphill 25km/h vs going 40km/h on the flats ?

I want to go 40km/h in turbo up a mountain for an hour ;)

with a Bosch CX line manufacturer approved 45km/h motor.:ROFLMAO:

Al Boneta

Dark Rider
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
California
So what did I miss?

Derestriction is a very sensitive subject and it has many passionate supporters and detractors.
It’s been debated to death on this forum by myself and others.
In the US, our 20mph limit is the only thing giving us trail access, which is a much more sensitive subject than derestriction for US riders.
I would much rather have a 25mph limit just for the flat sections alone.
If you need to go faster than that, I am not here to tell you how to live your life, but it could prove detrimental to opening up trails to Ebikes or it could help close more trails to Ebikes.
We are called cheaters already. But Now there are cheaters among the cheaters. Which just makes things more difficult in an already difficult situation.
I would rather have Emtbs go away and still be able to ride a regular Mtb, than have every Emtb and Mtb banned from the trails.

I think the 25kph rule in Europe is not realistic. But maybe if they went 32kph it would create more conflicts and land access issues that we have in the USA. Of course we have a president who told us Californians that we could prevent forrest fires by raking leaves.

At the end of the day, if you derestrict your bike, it will void your warranty.
Plain and simple

Here are the facts:

It will void your warranty.

Every manufacturer can detect tampering

Every manufacturer has issues with their motors, no one is immune. I have seen a motor go bad on its maiden voyage home. I have a battery that has no charge cycles left and over 7000 miles on it and it still charges up like new.
They all can go bad at any given time.

UK mud killed a lot of Specialized motors

California dust has killed a lot of E8000s

I see motor failures from everyone.
About 80% of the Specialized motor failures I have seen, the users were using BLEvo.

I use BLEvo and haven’t had any problems myself, but I have never changed the top speed.

Any Specialized dealer can set the wheel circumference to 2100mm which will give you about 23-24mph depending on the gearing and it won’t void the warranty.

Enough shit slinging already, it just doesn’t reflect well on this forum, it’s users or it’s founder.

If we devolve into the Pinkbike comments section and forum, we will never be respected or taken seriously by other cyclists.

We’ll be what they say we are a bunch of lazy, fat, middle aged cheaters with our derestricted mopeds.

Bike

So what did I miss?

Derestriction is a very sensitive subject and it has many passionate supporters and detractors.
It’s been debated to death on this forum by myself and others.
In the US, our 20mph limit is the only thing giving us trail access, which is a much more sensitive subject than derestriction for US riders.
I would much rather have a 25mph limit just for the flat sections alone.
If you need to go faster than that, I am not here to tell you how to live your life, but it could prove detrimental to opening up trails to Ebikes or it could help close more trails to Ebikes.
We are called cheaters already. But Now there are cheaters among the cheaters. Which just makes things more difficult in an already difficult situation.
I would rather have Emtbs go away and still be able to ride a regular Mtb, than have every Emtb and Mtb banned from the trails.

I think the 25kph rule in Europe is not realistic. But maybe if they went 32kph it would create more conflicts and land access issues that we have in the USA. Of course we have a president who told us Californians that we could prevent forrest fires by raking leaves.

At the end of the day, if you derestrict your bike, it will void your warranty.
Plain and simple

Here are the facts:

It will void your warranty.

Every manufacturer can detect tampering

Every manufacturer has issues with their motors, no one is immune. I have seen a motor go bad on its maiden voyage home. I have a battery that has no charge cycles left and over 7000 miles on it and it still charges up like new.
They all can go bad at any given time.

UK mud killed a lot of Specialized motors

California dust has killed a lot of E8000s

I see motor failures from everyone.
About 80% of the Specialized motor failures I have seen, the users were using BLEvo.

I use BLEvo and haven’t had any problems myself, but I have never changed the top speed.

Any Specialized dealer can set the wheel circumference to 2100mm which will give you about 23-24mph depending on the gearing and it won’t void the warranty.

Enough shit slinging already, it just doesn’t reflect well on this forum, it’s users or it’s founder.

If we devolve into the Pinkbike comments section and forum, we will never be respected or taken seriously by other cyclists.

We’ll be what they say we are a bunch of lazy, fat, middle aged cheaters with our derestricted mopeds.
Quote!

Jamsxr

E*POWAH Master
Mar 30, 2019
Surrey
Lots of talk about invalid warranties from de restricting.

I’m sure that’s the official stance but it’s not the case local to me, I know a number of de restricted Shimano and Brose motors that have been replaced. I guess it depends on your dealer.

I ride my MTB 90% of the time, but for that 10% on my eMTB am I tearing up the land threatening access, no, I’m just shuttling or getting a bit more flow on the pedalling sections.

However, I completely get that we don’t want a bunch of fat middle age men flying about the countryside at 40mph, I just don’t see that happening, yet. It’s a fairly brutal sport and I don’t think these people would last long.

apac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Aug 14, 2019
S.Wales
What a bunch of pussy's. One of my ebikes does over 60mph, and if any shit spreading dog walker, rambler, sheep or horse lover gets in my way they get a mouth full of C words from me.

thebarber

E*POWAH Elite
May 28, 2018
Norfeast
While the alloy case Brose TF allows assistance up to 45kmh, I believe Brose would of implemented certain heat management protocol to both hardware and software to manage it.
Your Brose Mag has been restricted to 25kmh and you have chosen to derestrict it and power on for some distance at 40km. It would not have the heat management characteristics of the Brose TF and therefore you have cooked it and caused damage.
So yeah, you have used your motor outside it’s intended use and therefore have voided your warranty.
I like to laugh at stupid people so hahahahahahaha
Because people that derestrict their eMtb’s cast a dark shadow over those that do not, and help add fuel to the fire of those that seem to hate emtb,s
So again
Hahahahahaha
That's a cuntish attitude and why I don't reciprocate on forums but I feel the need advise.
Take it as you will, just wind your neck in ...

wepn

The Barking Owl ?
Jul 18, 2019
AU
Use internet AI to help you make a decision about derestricting.

Go here to Talk to Transformer and ask if "Should I de-restrict my e-bike?"

While you're there, ask it questions about wearing lady's underwear and other things of that nature, just for fun.

Talk to Transformer
Wow that is some seriously deep neural network> Thought I'd try some meta with no directive words on it, I'll try the derestrict & about wearing lady's underwear at a later stage:

Deep.jpg

:LOL:

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles