Smart Stuff. Best smart devices, apps, accessories, helmets, remotes, cameras you've seen?

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
Looks like technology in the bike world is massively accelerating at the moment. What super awesome smart stuff have you seen that's any good and what does it work with?

I'd pay huge money for a helmet with lights, a camera(s), bone induction speakers, hands free calls and a music / phone control remote. Have to come in XL of course...

Seems to be a market for some sort of integrated ecosystem of lights, apps, helmet, remote, camera etc etc that could be added to and built to suit - but nobody I know of seems to be making anything.

What do you want and what have you seen?

Last edited:

Kenevo1971

Mar 21, 2018
Cumbria

Rob Rides EMTB

Administrator
Staff member
Subscriber
Jan 14, 2018
Surrey, UK
Hi canyon have just brought out there new e-bike, they are also selling accessories, they are marketing a backpack from Evoc, the FR trail e-ride 20l backpack, its not cheap but it will protect you and the camera equipment.
Bike Accessories | Cycling Accessories | CANYON

I have a similar one which Chain reaction offer, it on sale for £125.59 at the moment, it is quite big, but great for a full day out or even an overnighter.

evoc fr trail blackline 20l | Chain Reaction Cycles
Those backpacks look nice but SO EXPENSIVE!!

Tetsugaku

Founding Member
Mar 4, 2018
Brighton uk
I've also been a very keen airsofter (expensive kit, numerous injuries...), a PC power gamer (£1K GPU) and a photographer (just, silly money).

It's funny, and I mean this nicely, I don't see women spending this sort of money on their hobbies as much....

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I've also been a very keen airsofter (expensive kit, numerous injuries...), a PC power gamer (£1K GPU) and a photographer (just, silly money).

It's funny, and I mean this nicely, I don't see women spending this sort of money on their hobbies as much....
Pah! you not met my wife, i have two bikes she has five

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk

It’s true not being sexist in any way but women seem to be happy in general with what is traditionally blokes stuff like bikes and gadgets compared to us lot always upgrading and buying gadgets . HOWEVER That’s if we talk bikes and toys etc , when it comes to clothes handbags shoes Jewellery etc then they blow us away completely with buying stuff that has no use at all exept vanity . ?

OldBean

E*POWAH Elite
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
East anglia
My “boys toys” usually make money when I part with them But ‘er indoors’s clothes ,clothes, shoes, handbags ,jewellery ,expensive facials, hair do’s ,massages and endless shopping trips have NO residual value at all so my race car and new E-mtb sort of cost nothing !,..well thats my argument any way.
Have fun

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles