Smart Watch

ggx

Dec 10, 2018
Sintra
Depend´s a lot what you want. I bought recently (blackfriday) the garmin 45 to repalce my TomTom. Records my workouts (gym, run, cycling) and a lot´s of staths. Not the state of the art but it works for me and as a good battery life.

Akiwi

🐸 Kermit Elite 🐸
Feb 6, 2019
Olching, Germany
I have been using a Garmin Fenix 3 for many years.
Main reasons I got it is the 100m waterproofness. (I use it windsurfing)
And the Battery life. If I don't use the GPS then it lasts over 2 weeks.

Tobers

Jun 20, 2020
England
I have a fenix 6x and it syncs with the bike (Levo SL) to pull cadence, power, battery, mode etc as the ride records. Very clever indeed. It also has maps and can show trails on them which is cool. But fenixs (and Garmins in general) have quite a learning curve. But I know mine now and love it.

I like the non-touch screen of it. Proper buttons that you can feel when you press them. If you have other Garmin stuff it talks to them too.

I bought my son a fenix 5 refurb for £250 from Amazon. It was pristine and like new. It doesn’t have maps like the 6x but it’s pretty cool.

Andrie

May 20, 2020
NorCal
I use an Apple Watch 3. It tracks my rides and heart rate etc easily. I then sync the rides to Strava using Healthfit.

Is it the limitation of gen 3 watch? I have the most recent and my first Apple Watch. But I can just run strava directly from the watch or run Apple workout app and it will sync to strava.

04fuxake

Feb 12, 2018
Porirua, NZ
Is it the limitation of gen 3 watch? I have the most recent and my first Apple Watch. But I can just run strava directly from the watch or run Apple workout app and it will sync to strava.

I seem to recall I had issues with Strava, so I found Healthfit. But I might give it another go.

EDIT: ahh yes, I see Strava now auto-imports Workouts which is what I was using Healthfit for.

Last edited:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles