Bosch smart system update ?

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
Has Bosch just released a new update for the smart system.? I took the lock feature of it last week, but this morning it said there was an update ? But from what I can tell it’s the same features as the previous update. Or is this what happens when you disable /enable the lock feature ?

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
There was a Flow app update this week, didn’t hear anything about a software one. Flow app update apparently improved some nav functions but I haven’t used it since the update.

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
There was a Flow app update this week, didn’t hear anything about a software one. Flow app update apparently improved some nav functions but I haven’t used it since the update.
I think the navigation is a bit pointless until you can see it visible on the kiox display , unless you buy the new phone attachment, the old kiox , has a navigation on it , well a direction arrow which was quite good, and you could send routes to it .
think I’ve done 10 full charges now and my rangers are still way off what the bosch range calculator estimates. Of a full charge last week, all on the road commuting to work, I got 60 miles, and prob another 5 miles on the remaining battery , so 65 in total.
what’s your ranges like ?

Justinitus

Feb 15, 2022
Wiltshire UK
Yes, I’m using the new phone mount which I’m pleased with, but whilst you can search directions and find some complete routes (billy trail, bath 2 tunnels, strawberry line etc) you still can’t import other routes into it. So it’s ok, slowly improving, but at the moment not great.

I did a 26 mile route around Windsor Great Park, Windsor town and the Jubilee River this week and used 24% of the battery, all in tour+ and eco modes.

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
Yes, I’m using the new phone mount which I’m pleased with, but whilst you can search directions and find some complete routes (billy trail, bath 2 tunnels, strawberry line etc) you still can’t import other routes into it. So it’s ok, slowly improving, but at the moment not great.

I did a 26 mile route around Windsor Great Park, Windsor town and the Jubilee River this week and used 24% of the battery, all in tour+ and eco modes.
Wonder why Bosch are slow at getting the updates out of the technology is already there. Pointless being a smart system of you can’t have a maps on the display and have to use a phone, especially if your doing off road, down hills etc, phone may well come of and smash 💥

Paul Mac

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Subscriber
Jul 9, 2018
Uk
Yes not very smart at the moment, hate having to have the kiox and Garmin both on the bike.
Would be great if the Kiox could do what the Garmin can do, but don't think that will happen anytime soon.

BeBiker

Aug 26, 2020
Belgium
Wonder why Bosch are slow at getting the updates out of the technology is already there. Pointless being a smart system of you can’t have a maps on the display and have to use a phone, especially if your doing off road, down hills etc, phone may well come of and smash 💥
That's why I use my previous phone for this.
My current new phone is in the pocket or backpack, sim-carrier tethering enabled to provide local wifi internet.

I don't use or expect to use their 'smart' system flow app, Strava/ Komoot/ Waze/ Googlemaps has all I need.
The only thing I still need is a *decent phone holder and a *decent charging method (QC3.0 or above)

The high power port only provides 12v*1A=12W, I hope there's another possibility connecting directly to the battery.
Their 'smartphonegrip' doesn't look like what I need too, I want to keep the little display.

Last edited:

2WheelsNot4

E*POWAH Master
Oct 17, 2021
Scotland
I'm goin gto be putting my bike in to the shop i got it from to fit a rear brake. I'm intending on asking then if they can update it to current software, and also change the power level on 'Tour' from the 140% to 200%. 200 seems a bit better given the one above- turbo is 340%. Just a bit more oomph.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles