Bosch Smart system 750WH

nandewar

Aug 13, 2020
Australia
Anyone having trouble with the walk mode? I got caught on a couple of big hills today and it was driving me nuts. It pauses every 2 or 3 metres and stops. Then starts and stops again. I can't see any settings for walk mode in the Flow app.

And to top off the day the deraileur snapped a long way from home. An hour and half walk out to the road so I could get a lift home. The Focus is only 200km old so I will be interested if it's covered with warranty.

Oddy72

Apr 12, 2022
Cumbria
Anyone having trouble with the walk mode? I got caught on a couple of big hills today and it was driving me nuts. It pauses every 2 or 3 metres and stops. Then starts and stops again. I can't see any settings for walk mode in the Flow app.

And to top off the day the deraileur snapped a long way from home. An hour and half walk out to the road so I could get a lift home. The Focus is only 200km old so I will be interested if it's covered with warranty.
[/QUOT
The derailier won’t be as they up say anything could happened , hit a rock or something, if there’s a software problem or motor problem then I think it should be covered, maybe a loose terminal on the button you hold in on wall mode ?

Bummers

Mar 12, 2022
UK

You do have to make sure the button is firmly pressed, also I find leaning some weight on the seat gives the back wheel better traction. I find it just slips a lot otherwise.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You do have to make sure the button is firmly pressed, also I find leaning some weight on the seat gives the back wheel better traction. I find it just slips a lot otherwise.
the effectiveness of walk mode depends on having the right power mode and gear to ensure the rear wheel does not spin up. If the rear wheel exceeds 6kph walk mode will stop. That is not a problem on the flat but the problem often is that a failed climb means that at the point of failure you may well be in turbo and a very low gear.........walk mode will just spin up the rear wheel and stop! At the very least change to EMTB and as suggested a bove apply some weight to the saddle to help the rear tyre get grip. If that fails try changing to a higher gear using walk mode.

Clean

Subscriber
Jul 1, 2022
West Yorkshire
Works a treat for me. Used it today up an unridable section and found it most helpful. Helped this old man up the hill! :cool:

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
Up until yesterday I had never gone below 40% battery. For yesterday's ride I decided to start getting the battery to lower discharge levels so only charged it to 75%. When I got towards the end of the ride with 2 bars showing on the LED Remote Kiox flashed up with a "30% remaining" notification and the 2 bars turned orange. Nice to have a warning but 30% seems a bit high! 20% would be better but I wonder if it sets a warning based on battery consumption over the preceding few miles? I was eating battery quite fast due to elevation and a strong headwind.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
Up until yesterday I had never gone below 40% battery. For yesterday's ride I decided to start getting the battery to lower discharge levels so only charged it to 75%. When I got towards the end of the ride with 2 bars showing on the LED Remote Kiox flashed up with a "30% remaining" notification and the 2 bars turned orange. Nice to have a warning but 30% seems a bit high! 20% would be better but I wonder if it sets a warning based on battery consumption over the preceding few miles? I was eating battery quite fast due to elevation and a strong headwind.
Yep it does seem high, if you ever get down even lower you'll also get a 20% warning too.

BikeawaySpain

Oct 14, 2022
Spain
Hi, to add to the 750Wh experience, i bought a new bike with this smart system, and had my first ride. Some facts that influence performance
A. I am 95 kilo + bike 27 kilo
B. I drove in a hilly area, some steep hills
C. I used 65% Eco mode and 35% Auto mode
D. I started with 100% battery charge, no full charging cycle yet on this battery, so brand new

Results: after 53km I had 51% battery charge left. The remaining range left on kiox 300 screen seems low, but probably should not take that seriously.

My goal is touring, so i want at least 100km support per day without charging in between. Hope to find the right mix of driving modes, and also hope that battery will improve after a few charging cycles.

Hope this helps the discussion.

JP-NZ

E*POWAH Elite
Feb 17, 2022
Christchurch - New Zealand
After being on my 7th Charge cycle now the Powertube 750 has settled into a steady state of range. I weigh 107kg with riding gear on.

Range with 500m(1640ft) climbing. Eco = 102km, Tour+ = 78km, EMtb = 72km, Turbo = 64km

Next ride I'm going to fully charge and keep it in tour+ and do 500m ish elevation and then ride on the flat and see how close to that figure I can get.

BikeawaySpain

Oct 14, 2022
Spain
After being on my 7th Charge cycle now the Powertube 750 has settled into a steady state of range. I weigh 107kg with riding gear on.

Range with 500m(1640ft) climbing. Eco = 102km, Tour+ = 78km, EMtb = 72km, Turbo = 64km

Next ride I'm going to fully charge and keep it in tour+ and do 500m ish elevation and then ride on the flat and see how close to that figure I can get.
Hi, great, so this range you are getting, is this with like around 20% battery charge left, or close to zero?

BikeawaySpain

Oct 14, 2022
Spain
Close to zero. That’s the range stats from the Kiox. As I said I’ll do a full ride (or as close as I can) soon to cross check.
Aha, okay, the range indication on kiox 300. Good to know it gets more stable after a few rides and battery charging cycles. Looking forward to your full ride testing trip, i will do the same soon.

BikeawaySpain

Oct 14, 2022
Spain
Update: my wife bought a Specialized bike with 705 Wh battery, so we both put battery on 100% and made the same trip. Some details on the comparison:
A. My bike had luggage and was totally 25kg more in weight (incl myself) than hers
B. She used higher support levels than me
C. We were on very hilly roads, some steep
D. Total 30km trip
E. We used lights on way back, 15km

Her remaining battery level was higher than me after the trip, while i have 750 Wh. She had 60% left, i only 49%, although that was corrected to 54% after i switched on bike again (strange correction). Maybe the extra weight has a huge impact. I

I now have only one full charging cycle so far, so fingers crossed it gets better after more cycles. At least the latest software update added navigation and better mileage indication.

BikeawaySpain

Oct 14, 2022
Spain
Update: my wife bought a Specialized bike with 705 Wh battery, so we both put battery on 100% and made the same trip. Some details on the comparison:
A. My bike had luggage and was totally 25kg more in weight (incl myself) than hers
B. She used higher support levels than me
C. We were on very hilly roads, some steep
D. Total 30km trip
E. We used lights on way back, 15km

Her remaining battery level was higher than me after the trip, while i have 750 Wh. She had 60% left, i only 49%, although that was corrected to 54% after i switched on bike again (strange correction). Maybe the extra weight has a huge impact. I

I now have only one full charging cycle so far, so fingers crossed it gets better after more cycles. At least the latest software update added navigation and better mileage indication.
Another update:
Today 65km trip, many hills and one mountain pass. Used ECO for 75%, the rest a mix between TOUR(+) and AUTO. I had 38% battery left after 65km. It means i could do 104km on a full battery based on this mix of modes in a hilly area, some steep hills. This was the minimal level i wanted to reach on a full battery (100km), but i still hope it will get improved after more charging cycles.

nandewar

Aug 13, 2020
Australia
600 kms on the clock now and the battery has been improving and impressing.
I have a regular 13km loop that I ride most days. My old Trek with the Gen 2 and 500 wh battery could do it 10 times on a full charge. Just. My smart system Focus can do it 17 times. I don't have power assistance on for about 1/2 the loop. Given all the variables with different bikes like gearing, weight, drag, tyres etc. I'm pretty happy with that.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles