Sigh. There are still problems with the latest firmware - 20200304000

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
Anyone else ? On a Trance E+ 2020. Updated a week or so ago at the LBS.

If you connect and alter the tuning levels, they don't save.

Will they ever get it right ?

Wootism

Jun 1, 2020
Trails
Since the latest update there’s still no difference between the 2/5 support level and 3/5....

Never had any firmware/software problems with my Fathom E+ . But since I have my Trance E+ the app is crashing, the walk assist works like crap, my battery-mileage is terrible, no difference between 20% and 30% assist and the ‘auto-mode’ is too aggressive and doesn’t make any sense.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I hope you guys are reporting these as well to your dealerships, or even on the Giant website.

I've got an older 2019 model Trance e+ with simpler sensors and software, but I tell you what... the 2020 model software foul-ups is making me think I should keep my bike "as is" and no longer do firmware upgrades - especially if it needs to go for a systems check-up at my authorised Giant LBS. I mean it's not like a smartphone that needs to be constantly updated...

Hope you guys, get your issued sorted out soon.

Softsand

Dec 5, 2019
Western Australia
I have been in communication with Giant and...

We are aware of the issue and our developers are working on a solution, unfortunately we have not been given an ETA for this and when the update is available it will be applied through the App store.

So, it’s being dealt with. Pity I don’t have a lot faith in the app developers.

GrandPaBrogan

⚡ eGeezer ⚡
Oct 5, 2019
New Zealand
I have been in communication with Giant and...

We are aware of the issue and our developers are working on a solution, unfortunately we have not been given an ETA for this and when the update is available it will be applied through the App store.

So, it’s being dealt with. Pity I don’t have a lot faith in the app developers.
Same. I kinda get the feeling like there’s a disconnect between what their developers think riders need and what’s actually practical for MTBikers in real life. It’s a shame really because the Yamaha motor is so good.

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
Anyone else ? On a Trance E+ 2020. Updated a week or so ago at the LBS.

If you connect and alter the tuning levels, they don't save.

Will they ever get it right ?
Hi Softsand
When you say that it does not save the settings what are the circumstances? If you set the power levels and then exit the app (I would suggest placing the phone in flight mode to make sure that it has disconnected) and then you re-enter the app without switching off the bike what are the power levels at. Then do the opposite leave the app active and switched on but turn the bike off and then back on again when it reconnects where are the power levels at? If turning the app on and off causes a reset of the power levels then the problem is in the app but if turning the bike on and off causes a reset then the problen is in the software in the controller. Because this problem seems to be happening to people that have their software update by the LBS I think it's that update that is causing the problem.

urastus

⚡The Whippet⚡
May 4, 2020
Tasmania
I hope you guys are reporting these as well to your dealerships, or even on the Giant website.

I've got an older 2019 model Trance e+ with simpler sensors and software, but I tell you what... the 2020 model software foul-ups is making me think I should keep my bike "as is" and no longer do firmware upgrades - especially if it needs to go for a systems check-up at my authorised Giant LBS. I mean it's not like a smartphone that needs to be constantly updated...

Hope you guys, get your issued sorted out soon.
smart phones and computers also don't need constant updating. Many of the smartphone updates are for mr g00gle's benefit - very intrusive at getting all your information. MS, apple, amazon, fb - they're all the same - we're just the sheep to be farmed for our data. Whenever I connect e tube I stay off line :LOL:. I like watching the app give me dire warnings and complaining :ROFLMAO:

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles