Latest firmware causing issues Trance E+ 2 2020

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
I haven't tried yet but I've gone back to 1.4.3 which is the version that has the stupid walk feature. I,m going to try one of the older versions tomorrow and I'm hoping it goes back to the 1 button walk setting but I don't fancy my chances.

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
I haven't tried yet but I've gone back to 1.4.3 which is the version that has the stupid walk feature. I,m going to try one of the older versions tomorrow and I'm hoping it goes back to the 1 button walk setting but I don't fancy my chances.
Well I've just messed up what app fuctionality I had haha, tried to go back to an old app and wouldn't let me open without updating app, had to install newest version and now I'm stuck with the firmware update required that won't work, I'd forgotten that I had to use an old tablet last time as my android s10 has had issues before with crap Giant app. Went to use tablet and wife has told me its in shop being repaired ? maybe its time to upgrade to that Trek Rail 9 I've been looking at.....had it with Giant!

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
Well I've just messed up what app fuctionality I had haha, tried to go back to an old app and wouldn't let me open without updating app, had to install newest version and now I'm stuck with the firmware update required that won't work, I'd forgotten that I had to use an old tablet last time as my android s10 has had issues before with crap Giant app. Went to use tablet and wife has told me its in shop being repaired ? maybe its time to upgrade to that Trek Rail 9 I've been looking at.....had it with Giant!
Sorry Tony forgot to check are you using IOS or Android

Kiwi Giant

Subscriber
Feb 11, 2020
New Zealand
I updated to RideControl 1.4.4 via the App yesterday, this is software version 20191231001 (previously App 1.4.3, software version 20191231000). I believe if the update is carried out by a dealer it will be software version 20200304000, I'm not sure why there is a difference?

Anyway it appears to have solved the Auto issue which Giant have admitted was a stuff-up in 1.4.3. It's great to have a proper Auto back, my only comment is the same as some others have noted that there in Auto the power pulses and there is a higher battery use in Auto.

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Is anybody having a problem getting the firmware to update. The problem with the app is it won't allow you to use it unless you update the firmware but everytime I've tried to update the firmware I get a message "update failed try reinstalling the battery or contact your dealer" and then the only way from here is to exit the app. So now I can't change power levels or check the percentage of my battery.Starting to get sick of this thing

Unfortunately I had this problem today (2019 Trance SXE+0 Pro)!
Despite many attempts including re-installing the battery, turning Ride One and Bluetooth on and off, etc I could not get it to install.
It is now in my LBS for them to try to update it via their computer.

oldmanmx

Jan 19, 2020
Camden NSW
Unfortunately I had this problem today (2019 Trance SXE+0 Pro)!
Despite many attempts including re-installing the battery, turning Ride One and Bluetooth on and off, etc I could not get it to install.
It is now in my LBS for them to try to update it via their computer.
Nicho if they can't get it to work and you are using Android you can uninstall the latest version of the app and sideload version 1.4.3. Make sure you disable the auto update or it will just go back to the latest version. You can get a copy of the old version here Download RideControl 1.4.3 Android APK

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
I think it is not a good idea for people riding 2019 bikes to update the app to 1.4.4 as it will not work.
Giant made a new mistake in this version that is only useful for 2020 users who get their auto mode working again.

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
I think it is not a good idea for people riding 2019 bikes to update the app to 1.4.4 as it will not work.
Giant made a new mistake in this version that is only useful for 2020 users who get their auto mode working again.
19 and 20 bikes get different firmware with the latest app. My 19 Trance is running the most recent release with no issues.

Tony.OK

Mar 20, 2019
Napier, New Zealand
Nicho if they can't get it to work and you are using Android you can uninstall the latest version of the app and sideload version 1.4.3. Make sure you disable the auto update or it will just go back to the latest version. You can get a copy of the old version here Download RideControl 1.4.3 Android APK
Thats what I tried but the old app wouldnt even open without saying there's a newer version of app, had all auto updates off etc. Better off never using app once ya have power levels set haha

Nicho

Captain Caption
Subscriber
Jan 4, 2020
Furness, South Cumbria.
Nicho if they can't get it to work and you are using Android you can uninstall the latest version of the app and sideload version 1.4.3. Make sure you disable the auto update or it will just go back to the latest version. You can get a copy of the old version here Download RideControl 1.4.3 Android

Thanks for the information.
I collected the bike today and they had got it to upgrade straight away on their computer.
I will keep your link in mind if I have any future trouble.
It is good that we have this forum for help, as the people on it are far more aware of the workings of their e-bikes than the bike shops are, due to their extensive personal experiences.
I have seen alot of posts on here regarding my bike over the last year, and I have passed on a lot of information and tips to the staff of my LBS, as they are really at the level of newbies on the forum in regards to e-bikes.

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
19 and 20 bikes get different firmware with the latest app. My 19 Trance is running the most recent release with no issues.
You installed the last version of the App and your bike was updated too ? Are you using a '20 Control One remote with Ant+ or still the '19 ?
Can you confirm which firmware version you have now ? When I look at the firmware installed by the latest app for the '19 remote it is still the same as previous version (20193112000).
Thanks

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
You installed the last version of the App and your bike was updated too ? Are you using a '20 Control One remote with Ant+ or still the '19 ?
Can you confirm which firmware version you have now ? When I look at the firmware installed by the latest app for the '19 remote it is still the same as previous version (20193112000).
Thanks
19 bike with original controller, latest app and latest available FW.
D431D226-EB8B-432B-996D-7B37D321F618.png

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
Thank for the screenshot, so the last app version works with '19 bikes. Did the last app perform a firmware upgrade on your bike ?

simonk

SLayer ?
Jan 27, 2020
Exeter
Thank for the screenshot, so the last app version works with '19 bikes. Did the last app perform a firmware upgrade on your bike ?
Yes. Then did the same update from my phone on my mates 20 Trance and his updated to 20191231001.

Dgedge

May 20, 2020
France
If you did previously the upgrade with app version 1.4.3 then you were already on firmware 20191231000.
It means that the app does not just install this firmware but also something else ? I was pretty sure it just install the firmware version that is displayed in the app...

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles