Show us your ouchies

IndigoUnicorn

E*POWAH Master
Sep 17, 2020
Las Cruces, NM
We all get them. Some more so than others. It’s part and parcel of MTBng. And, I suspect, why some of us ride—to see how much discomfort we can tolerate. LOL

From pedal bites to broken ribs to concussions, how have you hurt yourself with your eMTB? What’s the story behind the injury?

I was mounting my bike on a trail, made it half a pedal stroke, oversteered and, thwump, down I went. I must have Grand the brakes on the way down because my thigh smacked the shifter.

The bruise is where I impacted the shifter assembly and broke it off, the scratch is from my knee dragging across the broken plastic bit. The scratch is quite a bit deeper Thani appears in this pic.
IMG_5009.jpg

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
3rd collarbone break ! Was day 3 in morzine and after a long fun days riding ,the last run of the day , coming down the Hattock black at half speed wasn’t concentrating and stacked it on a berm !
There’s a lesson there somewhere ?

491CE0FF-C299-4338-82A0-8F1042141560.jpeg

Wishing you luck The Hodge ?

Last edited:

DtEW

Dec 8, 2020
Bay Area, California
Came around a blind obtuse-angle bend on narrow, ravine-side singletrack to find 3 newbie bikers camping out 10 feet away.

My portion of the fault lies in not going the absolute slowest humanly possible around a blind turn. Their fault lies in camping out 10 feet behind a blind turn.

IMG_0652.jpg

BigMark

Feb 10, 2020
2/19/20 had just came back from an awesome trip to Puerto Penasco Mexico, came hauling ass around a downhill turn and somebody was coming up, lost control. Comminuted fracture (In many pieces) of the right elbow, with the bone sticking out of the skin. Fractures of left elbow and both wrists, bruised ribs and large hematoma on the Right thigh. In the hospital for Four days, my surgeon said to get used to the new normal. I have recovered appx. 95% and ridden about 4000 mile/ 6437 km since my accident. However I do go much slower around corners now.

guSKIn2.jpg

urdPs5X.jpg

The stitches above the staples is where the bone came out.

BLQ4Re2.jpg

Last edited:

Tim1023

Aug 25, 2020
Hamburg, Germany
2/19/20 had just came back from an awesome trip to Puerto Penasco Mexico, came hauling ass around a downhill turn and somebody was coming up, lost control. Comminuted fracture (In many pieces) of the right elbow, with the bone sticking out of the skin. Fractures of left elbow and both wrists, bruised ribs and large hematoma on the Right thigh. In the hospital for Four days, my surgeon said to get used to the new normal. I have recovered appx. 95% and ridden about 4000 mile/ 6437 km since my accident. However I do go much slower around corners now.

guSKIn2.jpg

urdPs5X.jpg

The stitches above the staples is wear the bone came out.

BLQ4Re2.jpg
OK, you win!
(Thus far - any further offers??)

Jackware

Fat-tyred Freakazoid
Subscriber
Oct 30, 2018
Lancashire
Came around a blind obtuse-angle bend on narrow, ravine-side singletrack to find 3 newbie bikers camping out 10 feet away.

My portion of the fault lies in not going the absolute slowest humanly possible around a blind turn. Their fault lies in camping out 10 feet behind a blind turn.

View attachment 64418
I had a similiar injury last year, I think the dropper lever punctured my arm

EMTBSEAN

Subscriber
Feb 20, 2020
Sheffield
A minor break but it was enough to keep me off my bike for 10 weeks, if it wasn’t my shifter thumb I would have been out the next day

92A5F50D-6B4B-45FE-BE67-2E6B9267BFA3.jpeg

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
That pinched a bit, managed to dislocate & break it at the same time. Literally the second ride on my new eeb. A year in & it still hasn't recovered fully, doesn't look like it ever will.

EgRZ1dfUMAITFm4.jpg

Billy1mate

Apr 17, 2019
Dorset
Hurty knee (don’t pull a wheelie in a cross wind) but nothing by comparison to those photos, hope everyone is well. Take care. If you ain’t fallin’ off, you ain’t trying’ hard enough!??

3774D4A1-C4C1-4E97-8017-C64F1280E725.jpeg

KnollyBro

E*POWAH Elite
Dec 3, 2020
Vancouver
While riding at the Whistler Bike Park I happened upon a "Joey" adding to his wish list, while stand on the end of a blind 6 foot drop, with his bike of course. That particular drop has a blind entrance as well, which requires some speed to successfully land correctly, as it drops onto an off camber rock slab. Needless to say, by the time I noticed "Joey" I he jumped off to the side with his bike blocking my only option other than going over the drop, which by that time, was too slow. I landed poorly and my foot slipped off the pedal leaving me with a shattered heel. I probably should have ditched the bike before going off the drop. For everywhere else there are pads, not so much for ankles and wrists.

foot 2.jpg

foot 1.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles