Other Shokwiz Alternatives

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
A friend let me borrow his Shockwiz and I eagerly awaited giving it a go. The reality was a bit of a surprise. Easy to fit, hard to set up by myself. I could have done with a heavy friend to assist. Correct set up is VITAL. I enjoyed the testing and the feedback, but I was disappointed by the results. It made hardly any changes to my set up , and they were marginal. So I should be pleased, right? I mean, it confirms that I am a "genius" at setting up my own bike to do what I want to do where I ride. The Shockwiz has its place, I can think of several uses where it will shine. But if you are prepared to read about how to set up your suspension, follow the set up guides available on the internet, then you can save yourself the cash. Save the money and then all you will have is a nagging doubt that maybe "just one more tweak" would make your ride 10x better. :)

Having tried one over several weeks, I would not ever buy one.

Bigtuna00

Nov 27, 2019
CA
Fast suspension make the flow, but it's not easy to get hold of and no idea what it's like.

They don't make the Flow. Here's the official site: Home - SussMyBike

The app for this currently SUCKS. They have released a rewrite, in beta, for iOS. It's taken over a year since they announced it to release the beta. I'm on Android so I can't really comment on the new app.

I have struggled with the Flow. It often forgets settings (e.g. running in Fork mode when I'm trying to tune my shock, so it shows I'm only using 30% of the travel). I have a hard time filling the little boxes it tells you to fill to make sure you have enough data. I don't know if the new app improves this or not.

Motion Instruments and BYB make "affordable" pro-level kits. One of these days I will probably break down and buy one...

Last edited:

escrs

Jun 26, 2019
UK
Had Shockwiz for a month and steve_sordy has hit the nail on the head with his post

My set up was near perfect according to the shockwiz, it was an absolute pain to get set up properly

I sold the shockwiz and then bought a new bike, the new bike's forks and shock were sent to TFtuned to be set up and they have been spot on

p3eps

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Subscriber
Dec 14, 2019
Scotland
I’ve owned a ShockWiz for over a year now, and used it on 3 bikes and various new forks / shocks.
As per the comments above, it seems I’m a suspension genius, as my own setup is practically perfect!

To be honest, I follow the manufacturer's guidelines when getting a new bike / fork / shock as to how it should be set up, and then fiddle with the rebound / HSC / LSC whilst riding to make it suit me. Not really any skill involved.

It’s nice to have it verified, and some of the data is interesting. The installation is easy, the setup is straight forward, the app is good, and it all works very well.

It’s now been in its box for the last few months unused. Next time there’s an eBay £1 listing weekend, I’ll be popping it on and trying to get some of my money back!

magnil

Sep 25, 2018
Sweden
I bought a Shockwiz years ago when it was new to the market. Was very happy with it, transformed my Jeffsy V1 from a good bike to a excellent bike and I learned a lot about suspension setup. Also used it on other bikes with great result.

Unfortunately they have messed it up completely with firmware updates and now it is almost useless. Shockwiz is now happy with almost any settings.

Contacted Sram about it but they did not understand what I meant. Maybe they want it this way but it is a shame to transform a good product to garbage.

Just came to think of if there is a way to downgrade firmware. Anyone knows?

meamadbiker

Dec 23, 2021
Uk
A friend let me borrow his Shockwiz and I eagerly awaited giving it a go. The reality was a bit of a surprise. Easy to fit, hard to set up by myself. I could have done with a heavy friend to assist. Correct set up is VITAL. I enjoyed the testing and the feedback, but I was disappointed by the results. It made hardly any changes to my set up , and they were marginal. So I should be pleased, right? I mean, it confirms that I am a "genius" at setting up my own bike to do what I want to do where I ride. The Shockwiz has its place, I can think of several uses where it will shine. But if you are prepared to read about how to set up your suspension, follow the set up guides available on the internet, then you can save yourself the cash. Save the money and then all you will have is a nagging doubt that maybe "just one more tweak" would make your ride 10x better. :)

Having tried one over several weeks, I would not ever buy one.
I agree it's not going to do what most think but over longer time can do amazing things have a look at my review about how to get most from it

Gyre

Jan 25, 2021
Pasadena, CA
Mixed feelings about ShockWiz. It's handy to see actual dynamic sag and the amount of travel used, but I wasn't convinced the damping recommendations are on point.

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The video guy is correct. If you don't get the compression ratio correct, the Shockwiz will give duff advice. I assume that if I later add tokens to the air leg of the fork, then that will alter the compression ratio and you will have to set it again. Setting the CR is bloody hard work! Hence my recco to get a heavy friend to help.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles