2020 Kenevo derestricting alternatives ?

woodsy

Jun 12, 2018
walsall
Hi,i'm looking for options to derestrict my 2020 Kenevo, I've now had 2 Levociraptors fail on me so i'm looking for a reliable alternative that riders are using. I would prefer non visible options but i'm open to any suggestions.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey
I’ve been using this fit and forget device , not sure if it messes with the mission control app cos I don’t use it ! It takes 10mins to install (take off speed sensor magnet on the brake disc and replace with the planet3 disc and install a longer sensor holder) and works a treat , unleash the power of your kenevo , it’s not meant to be that slow ! Only about £73.57 as well ?
PLANET3 - mechanical e-bike derestriction device

Last edited:

Tim69

Feb 25, 2019
Israel
What!? The 2020 Levo/kenevo can't be unleashed just using "Blevo"!?? Like the old ones could!?
Verry happy with my Kenevo using Blevo..

Kiwi in Wales

Short cranks rule!🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 24, 2018
Carmarthen, Wales
Hi,i'm looking for options to derestrict my 2020 Kenevo, I've now had 2 Levociraptors fail on me so i'm looking for a reliable alternative that riders are using. I would prefer non visible options but i'm open to any suggestions.
What failed on the Levociraptors?

StuR

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Apr 28, 2018
Forest of Dean
Berkshire cycles replaced the lead from the motor to the rear wheel sensor on my 19 Levo . It has some fancy ninja , witch craft electrical wizardry in it ,but it's not obvious to the eye.
Price was a bit eye watering at £160 but it does the job and has been faultless so far(3 mths)
Most recent software updates meant I could no longer "tweak" it via BLEvo or Mission control.
Not 100% sure it works on a 20 Kenevo but I think all the electrics are the same so it should.
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong
Worth giving them a call

woodsy

Jun 12, 2018
walsall
What failed on the Levociraptors?

Trail Watts said the 1st was possibly down to moisture affecting my TCU. They were great and sent me a replacement, before fitting it I made sure my TCU was well sealed and also the Levociraptor was in a sealed bag. Unfortunately again it stopped working but this time I have not bothered speaking to them as now lost faith in the product.

Eddie10

Oct 7, 2018
Canada
Pear tune works very well. I've had it installed for about year with no issues.
2 min install time.
Also I've heard Eplus is good.
Both install at motor and cant see.

bushkila

Mar 10, 2020
Europe
According to their site it does not work with the 700wh battery, which I run
Yep, thats correct, sadly only for the 500 battery,...i can still recommend this kit.
My experience with Bikespeed RS:
GiantSyncdrivePro Motor 8500 KM ,...no problems at all.
Yamaha PW Motor, more than 12700 Km ,...no problems at all.
Kenevo Comp 2020 720 KM,.....till today no problems at all.
Just write them a Email,..maybe they already figured out how to use it with the 700 Battery..?

whiterabbit

Aug 17, 2020
USA
I’ve been using this fit and forget device , not sure if it messes with the mission control app cos I don’t use it ! It takes 10mins to install (take off speed sensor magnet on the brake disc and replace with the planet3 disc and install a longer sensor holder) and works a treat , unleash the power of your kenevo , it’s not meant to be that slow ! Only about £73.57 as well ?
PLANET3 - mechanical e-bike derestriction device

So this thing puts the speed limit at 3x the current limit, right?

That's just way too much. What if I just want an extra 5 mph to compensate for slightly smaller diameter tires that dropped my max speed by 1 mph and I notice that when riding with other eMTB-ers and want to raise hte limit by 2-3 mph?

boBE

Apr 12, 2020
FL

That's just way too much. What if I just want an extra 5 mph to compensate for slightly smaller diameter tires that dropped my max speed by 1 mph and I notice that when riding with other eMTB-ers and want to raise hte limit by 2-3 mph?
Your LBS can adjust for smaller tires, not sure if you can get 5 mph out of it. I changed my Levo SL to 27.5" wheels and lost 2 mph, the wheel size adjust got it back.

#lazy

E*POWAH BOSS
Oct 1, 2019
Surrey

Ive recently installed mine with 2 censor magnets which give 1.5x the usual limit so it assists upto 24 mph and its perfect !

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles