derestricting Levo FSR 2019

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Hi all,
I have a 2019 Levo FSR on order, but am likely to take it to Africa and want to ride it de-restricted there (middle of nowhere). I can't find any definitive approach to derestricting to where it's legal (either in software or with a dongle) - has anyone managed to do this?
thanks.

ros 361

Jan 2, 2019
Truro G.B
Hi all,
I have a 2019 Levo FSR on order, but am likely to take it to Africa and want to ride it de-restricted there (middle of nowhere). I can't find any definitive approach to derestricting to where it's legal (either in software or with a dongle) - has anyone managed to do this?
thanks.
Hi. www.ebiketuning.com assure me that their Pear Tune Brose dongle will do the 2019 Levo. I have just ordered one .

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
Thanks both. @Mcharza Not sure if Blevo will work with 2019 - do you have experience of this?
@ros 361 do let me know how you get on.

(I suspect a dongle that halves the pulse count will work on practically any e-bike, but I;'m not sure if that's howe they work theirs!)

Maastricht

E*POWAH Master
Oct 3, 2018
M
Thanks both. @Mcharza Not sure if Blevo will work with 2019 - do you have experience of this?
@ros 361 do let me know how you get on.

(I suspect a dongle that halves the pulse count will work on practically any e-bike, but I;'m not sure if that's howe they work theirs!)

Speed limit change via BLEvo will unfortunately not work on firmware 2.025 and higher.

ccrdave

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
after looking at the instructions for that I would say the purely mechanical device as made by one of our members is by far the better solution in my opinion.
As far as I know they will both achieve the same results but the mechanical one is far less intrusive, much easier to revert to standard, and about a third of the price.!!
just saying!

xcentric

Feb 2, 2019
Market Drayton
@jd_3d thanks :) read all the threads, it's on my list to get once I get the bike. In fact, I'm more certain how to derestrict it than I am if I'm actually getting the bike!! (see my other thread for angst over whether to get. the Levo or a hardtail as I basically need to commute a way on it)

jd_3d

Patreon
Jul 12, 2018
California
Just read your other thread. I hear you man, it's hard to justify at the price (mine was $7k). I tried to justify my Levo by saying I hadn't bought a bike in 10 years. But I don't even commute on mine. Also, regarding the service intervals (forks, etc), I think the recommendations are crazy, as in way too often. I do extremely minimal service to my previous mountain bikes (like every couple of years or so) and they've held up great.

ros 361

Jan 2, 2019
Truro G.B
Hi. www.ebiketuning.com assure me that their Pear Tune Brose dongle will do the 2019 Levo. I have just ordered one .
Have just fitted it and it works fine . De-restricts ok.Takes about 15 mins to fit inside the engine case . Easy to follow instructions . Can dis-engage it by pressing the walk button so they say . Transforms the bike , without the limiter kicking in and out above 15mph . I cannot see what all the fuss is about as we all go faster than this downhill anyway .
What you need to purchase is a Pear Tree MSO-BR2 for 2019 Levo from e bike tuning shop

jb3112

Nov 17, 2020
Denmark
Have just fitted it and it works fine . De-restricts ok.Takes about 15 mins to fit inside the engine case . Easy to follow instructions . Can dis-engage it by pressing the walk button so they say . Transforms the bike , without the limiter kicking in and out above 15mph . I cannot see what all the fuss is about as we all go faster than this downhill anyway .
What you need to purchase is a Pear Tree MSO-BR2 for 2019 Levo from e bike tuning shop

Does walk funtion still work

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles