New 2019 Levo Turbo FSR

Rob555

Jun 6, 2019
Saltaire
Hi,

Had my new bike a week now and have a question.

I understand when the bike reaches its legal speed limit the engine will cut out, and on again if the speed reduces.
If I want to go faster say on the flat with the engine on it feels like riding through mud as I presume the engine is restricting the max speed.
If i have Eco off (so no lights are showing on the eco, trail, turbo) does that stop the battery kicking in and I should be able to pedal it faster ?

Thanks

DTZ

May 5, 2019
UK
The Brose motor is very smooth in its cut out and has very little internal drag when its not assisting. I have no problem exceeding the cut-out speed, but if you are cycling along a relatively flat section of road / track it can indeed sometimes feel like riding through mud. This isn't particularly motor drag though, its just a feeling you get as the motor was helping, but then stops helping, in some ways it feels like a tailwind changing to a headwind.

I often go out on my bike without even switching it on, for instance going for a ride with the kids I really don't need any assistance as I'd just end up leaving them behind. Try going for a ride with it switched off (but use some kind of speedo) - you'll find that as you go beyond the normal assistance limit there won;t be any different "feel", but then do it with the electric motor on - you'll feel the motor cut out and although drag won't decrease you'll feel the loss of assistance

Andy A

Patreon
Jan 13, 2019
North Yorkshire
The Brose motor is very smooth in its cut out and has very little internal drag when its not assisting. I have no problem exceeding the cut-out speed, but if you are cycling along a relatively flat section of road / track it can indeed sometimes feel like riding through mud. This isn't particularly motor drag though, its just a feeling you get as the motor was helping, but then stops helping, in some ways it feels like a tailwind changing to a headwind.

I often go out on my bike without even switching it on, for instance going for a ride with the kids I really don't need any assistance as I'd just end up leaving them behind. Try going for a ride with it switched off (but use some kind of speedo) - you'll find that as you go beyond the normal assistance limit there won;t be any different "feel", but then do it with the electric motor on - you'll feel the motor cut out and although drag won't decrease you'll feel the loss of assistance

This is spot on ?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles