Turbo Levo FSR 2019 - Power on issues

neoroony

Apr 14, 2020
UK
Morning all,

I've had some issues in past few weeks which have gone from not being able to power on every now again to completely dead. Using mission control there are no problems identified and the battery reports as 100%.

While joining the forum and waiting for access to post a request for help and after reading up on the forum about an array of power related issues, I decided to do some basic checks for water ingress. The bike has never been power washed but thought I check to see if there was any water or moisture in the key areas, TCU & Motor housing.

So now that I can post I thought I'd show what I have found, which I believe is the problem and may help others. You can see in the pictures attached, small amounts of debris round the base of the pins and scortch mark on the right.

IMG_0770.jpg IMG_0771.jpg

The independent I bought the bike from, no longer sells specialized bikes and basically told me to go elsewhere (nice). So with the bike under warranty still,I'm hoping a couple of local independents will be happy to help, otherwise I have no idea what to do.

neoroony

Apr 14, 2020
UK
As an update, again should it help anyone. My local dealer can't help without first being contacted by Specialized to carry out any work.

I've tried contacting Specialized Rider Care through emtbforums via a private chat and each time it tells me it's either spam or I can't initiate the a conversation with them.

I've also completed the standard contact us form on the specialized website, let's hope that hasn't just disappeared in to a black hole.

So not doing so well with this folks

ebikerider

Oct 1, 2019
Australia
As an update, again should it help anyone. My local dealer can't help without first being contacted by Specialized to carry out any work.

I've tried contacting Specialized Rider Care through emtbforums via a private chat and each time it tells me it's either spam or I can't initiate the a conversation with them.

I've also completed the standard contact us form on the specialized website, let's hope that hasn't just disappeared in to a black hole.

So not doing so well with this folks
Is the local dealer a Specialized dealer? If not can you get it to a Specialized dealer? I'm positive they'll sort it if you could.

Good luck getting it sorted.

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
use a fairly stiff bristle brush to clean it out then spray with contact cleaner and wipe clean with a lint free cloth or shop towel. That scorch mark could well be debris rather than a scorch but either way you should be able to resolve what looks to have been a short circuit between 2 of the pins.

neoroony

Apr 14, 2020
UK
Morning both,

It was a specialized dealer that told me to go via Specialized before they would touch it.

As for the the contact cleaner that's a good shout, I'll have a sniff of the scorched area to see if you get that burnt electronic smell lol, the stiff bristle brush though might be a tad harsh but get your point. I might just leave this to see what Specialized say first before setting to on it.

Thanks

Mikerb

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
May 16, 2019
Weymouth
You will not do any harm and it could resolve your issue. Yep...stiff enough to dislodge the grit etc but not a wire brush!

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles