Shimano XT 203mm disk brakes.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Rear has gone spongy and lever is pulling to the bars and not doing much. Suggestions please? Thanks

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
Have you bled them ?
Not yet - ordered a bleed kit and Shimano Mineral oil as I only have DOT 4 and 5.1 (god only knows what happened to that bottle of Citroen LHM from the 90s!! that I was sure I had stashed somewhere) but it's going to be a while coming. Didn't want to risk a bleed without replacement oil.

Wondering why they would need bleeding after only 500 miles and 10 months?

I store the bike vertically against a wall using a wall hook

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Rear has gone spongy and lever is pulling to the bars and not doing much. Suggestions please? Thanks
It's a "feature" of Shimano.
Luckily they made their calipers and levers disposable items

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
It's a "feature" of Shimano.
Luckily they made their calipers and levers disposable items
Thanks Gary very helpful. What would you suggest I replaced them with. Especially as I've previously had them and been very happy with them.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
But it says my 12mb MP4 is invalid. Darn even the technology is beating me today. Time for a beer and a book...

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
Thanks Gary very helpful. What would you suggest I replaced them with. Especially as I've previously had them and been very happy with them.
If they're under 2 years old your point of purchase can warranty the faulty end for you.
it's still up to you to fit or have someone else fit it for you though.

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
If they're under 2 years old your point of purchase can warranty the faulty end for you.
it's still up to you to fit or have someone else fit it for you though.
The fault was a loose hose connector to the caliper. So hoping some oil and a bleed will sort it

Janc

Oct 22, 2019
Dorset
The fault was a loose hose connector to the caliper. So hoping some oil and a bleed will sort it
Citroen LHM and just bleeding from the reservoir seems to have worked. :)
Will bleed and refill with Shimano when and if the full Shimano kit ever arrives....

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles