Shimano XT linkglide

AOE4

Oct 30, 2022
idaho
My wife rides a 2018 Giant Dirt E +0 hardtail ebike. The bike has 1000 miles on it and on it's third drivetrain. Love my wife..... She is not in the proper gear to assist the motor thus the chain and cassette are prematurely wearing out. Hopeless situation there😬 I ride the bike occasionally and have no problem. I ordered the new Shimano linkglide drivetrain and am hoping that it is as durable as advertised. I will continue to coach her about proper shifting. Anyone out there using the Shimano linkglide 1x11 drivetrain? The cassette is difficult to source . Thank you.

Last edited:

AOE4

Oct 30, 2022
idaho
My wife rides a 2018 Giant Dirt E +0 hardtail ebike. The bike has 1000 miles on it and on it's third drivetrain. She is not in the proper gear to assist the motor thus the chain and cassette are prematurely wearing out. Hopeless situation there😬 I ride the bike occasionally and have no problem. I ordered the new Shimano linkglide drivetrain and am hoping that it is as durable as advertised. I will continue to coach her about proper shifting. Anyone out there using the Shimano linkglide 1x11 drivetrain? The cassette is difficult to source . Thank you.
The bike is awesome otherwise 😁

AOE4

Oct 30, 2022
idaho
No replies? No one at my local bike shops have a clue as to what Shimano linkglide series is all about 😬

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
@AOE4 This may help.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it is there.

AOE4

Oct 30, 2022
idaho
@AOE4 This may help.

If you scroll down to the bottom of this page, it is there.
Thank you! Good to know I am not the only one having issues with this. I suppose covid is the issue in regards to the delay. Lots of poor souls dying over there😔

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles