Shimano xt 8100

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
Has anyone used this drivetrain? Is the ‘better shifting under power’ real or bs? I would think the much higher chain tension on an ebike would just accelerate wear if you shift under power

knut7

Administrator
Author
Subscriber
Apr 10, 2018
Norway
Shifting under load with the M9100 worked very well. Single shifting. My expectations are high for the M8100 and M7100 shifting performance.

Gary

Old Tartan Bollocks
Author
Subscriber
Mar 29, 2018
the internet
‘better shifting under power’
Can't say I've read any such official claim from Shimano about the groupset anywhere. I spent an hour talking with a Shimano rep the day it was released to dealers. There was no mention of such a claim then either.
Before calling "BS". Where exactly have you read this statement?

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
Can't say I've read any such official claim from Shimano about the groupset anywhere. I spent an hour talking with a Shimano rep the day it was released to dealers. There was no mention of such a claim then either.
Before calling "BS". Where exactly have you read this statement?

A Long-Term Test of Shimano's XTR Mountain-Bike Drivetrain

Under paragraph titled ‘improved tech’

Review: Shimano's XTR 12-Speed Drivetrain Sets the Bar for Shifting Performance Under Power - Pinkbike

Under paragraph titled ‘performance’

At 5:20

There was also a vid by Shimano USA where their rep (guy with bushy brown hair and beard) said it was even better on ebikes.

skypickle

Jul 18, 2019
MA
Shimano wrote precisely NONE of those words
Do you think all those different sources made up the same words coincidentally? Or is it all fake news? Or would you discount shimano’s own words as marketing clickbait?

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles