Share your current mileage on your Rise

LeMec

Jan 14, 2022
USA
I’m sure many of us are wondering how long our EP8RS can last.
This isn’t a scientific collection of data, thread but more of a nice to know how far riders have been able to ride without replacement.
I’ll start with mine, 1600miles no failures recorded… yet 🤞

TimC7

Ovine Assaulter
Apr 22, 2023
UK
2,800km in 10 months without a glitch, and unlocked full power with STunlocker as soon as I bought it.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
<400 but in my defence i've not had it that long and am a busy boy

bike 2 has 0 on it.... but it's only getting shipped this afternoon.

cookie70

Mar 23, 2022
Central Coast, Australia
6700 km in just under 2 years got the dreaded E010 fault couple of weeks ago, awaiting word from the dealer :(

For the most part its been awesome, just issues with creaking suspension/motor that has been problematic to completely solve.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
6700 km in just under 2 years got the dreaded E010 fault couple of weeks ago, awaiting word from the dealer :(

For the most part its been awesome, just issues with creaking suspension/motor that has been problematic to completely solve.
I can resolve the creaking... just not forever :D

Creak creak, strip-down the suspension/linkages/etc re-torque the little tool, bit of grease on the spacers and bolt heads, put back together, silence. Ride, ride, ..... creak..... repeat. At the end of the day it's a 15 minute job tops.... so hardly a massive thing.

I'm going to fit the 23-24 2 piece linkage next time i strip it down and see how that does instead.

LeMec

Jan 14, 2022
USA
Day after I started this thread… I check my Rise for an ongoing creak, and turns out that I have a major crack in the lower chainstay….. that will teach me to post something like this:(
Hopefully the warranty process is pretty quick.

Weeksy

Dec 13, 2019
Reading
Day after I started this thread… I check my Rise for an ongoing creak, and turns out that I have a major crack in the lower chainstay….. that will teach me to post something like this:(
Hopefully the warranty process is pretty quick.
Pics!

Mosheas

Jul 22, 2022
Israel
4500 km A year and a half I had fault code E10, continued to work, at the moment also appeared a clicking noise while pedaling, soon giving for inspection at importer Orbea

LeMec

Jan 14, 2022
USA

IMG_0856.jpeg

Richridesmtb

Jan 23, 2022
Australia
Int
4500 km A year and a half I had fault code E10, continued to work, at the moment also appeared a clicking noise while pedaling, soon giving for inspection at importer Orbea
Interested to hear what the clicking noise turns out to be. My motor has clicked for quite some time. I keep riding it.

Kermit

Nov 24, 2021
SE UK
2500 miles/4000km
2yrs 4mth
It's been faultless, but...

Just dropped it off at dealer for diagnostics due to E01020 errors :(
3 weeks later, FOC warranty replacement motor has just arrived at my main dealer :) Quite pleased as it was over 4 months outside of warranty

However, as it's a stock new EP8 motor it doesn't have the Orbea RS firmware already on it. 🤦‍♂️

Dealer will be getting Orbea to remotely flash this onto the new motor, and only then are they stating I'll get 2yrs warranty on it.

No indication/feedback on the actual cause of the motor failure :confused:

Last edited:

NorthernBloke

Sep 17, 2021
Cleckheaton, West Yorkshire
E1010 failure on first after approx 4000 km, replaced under warranty, second one going strong (touch wood) after 2000km

I am doing circa 2000km per year and after three years only the original frame, suspension, dropper, front wheel and brake levers remain.

Everything else has been replaced going from XTR to XT along the way.

Great bike but once fully paid off not sure I'd go with Orbea again

ebsocalmtb

Sep 29, 2021
Southern-Cal
2,900mi / 4,666km and still on my first motor. I have been through 2 speed sensors and still get occasional speed sensor error codes. Motor seems to limit power and acts a bit weird occasionally. Hoping to get one more season out of it and then fire sale the bike.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles