Service required Message on my KIOX?

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
i have about 350 miles on my 2021 Rail 9.7 with the BOSCH CX4 motor. What is my Kiox telling me with the service required message? Do in need to change the oil on my chain :)

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
More likely that whoever (seller, LBS) built the bike/set up the motor etc, set the service indicator to around 350 miles so that it can be taken in for a general check over to make sure things are ok.

If/when you take it in, you can ask them to remove the service interval, and then its up to you when it gets done in future.

You should clean/lube your chain yourself regularly depending on how often the bike is used and the conditions you ride in. I.E muddy, dry, mixture of both

Third-Reef

Apr 1, 2021
i should have searched first. i now see that this is a configurable setting that the LBS can set to whatever to get you to call them back. there is nothing serviceable on the CX4, however i am going to change the oil on my chain. i actually don't use oil on my change i use the finish line dry lube

MrPeaski

Sep 21, 2020
South Wales
Most shops offer a free bike check after a set period, just to make sure that things haven't come loose, gears still index/change smoothly, brakes are ok etc. The service thing is just their way of reminding you.
Maybe worth giving them a call

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles