Service message after ~250km

jodo

Mar 27, 2020
Sweden
I bought my Cube Kathmandu Hybrid EXC 625 2020 two months ago and I'm really happy with the bike.
A "service" message appeared last week (after ~250km) and I suppose that it's just the first scheduled service, and that nothing is actually wrong with the bike (since no error codes have appeared). When I look at the configuration menus in the Intuvia display it stated "Service 250km"

Is it possible to turn of the service warning? Do I need to go to a dealer for that?
Once I get the service warning removed, I guess a new countdown will start until next scheduled service (+1000km)?
Is it possible to ask the dealer to remove future service interval warnings, or set next interval to 10.000km?

I'm trying to get a dealer to take a look at my bike but nobody has time until July/August (in Stockholm, Sweden). Hopefully It's a small thing that can easily be fixed by the dealer.

GrahamPaul

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Nov 6, 2019
Andalucía
I seem to remember reading in the manual or on the Bosch website that it's up to the dealer whether there is a message to say that a service is due. So, yes, your dealer can remove the message.

When I spoke with Bosch about servicing, they were pretty laid back and said that a once a year check up and software update was fine. (I think my service manual shows 2000km intervals - which would be every 3 months. Hence my query to Bosch).

izometric

Aug 11, 2022
Belgium
I also got the message at 500 Km. I have no intention to go to the dealer since I derestricted the bike and I am planning to replace the front chain ring. I want to avoid that they push any software update on my ebike.

Is there any drawback if I ignore the service message?

Bones

E*POWAH Master
Subscriber
Apr 3, 2020
Harrogate
Ignore it. The dealer can set the distance to anything. Mine came on at 1k and eventually went in for an update at around 2k and got the service light altered to 20k. No motor service done.

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles