Seat post dropper

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Just checking before I buy one I’m looking at a Reverb dropper internal routing 30.9mm x 340mm length for my Specialized FSR levo 2018 has anyone got one of these fitted & working ok I know The diameter is ok not sure on length apologies if this has been covered before

Iain at the back

Founding Member
Mar 7, 2018
Labamo
Just checking before I buy one I’m looking at a Reverb dropper internal routing 30.9mm x 340mm length for my Specialized FSR levo 2018 has anyone got one of these fitted & working ok I know The diameter is ok not sure on length apologies if this has been covered before
Just make sure you get the B1 version rather than the A1 or A2. B1 has the updated IFP seal.
Oh, and NEVER lift by the saddle or post as this causes damage to the internals.

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Thanks for your reply’s....next question what’s the best dropper post for the Specialized FSR levo fattie 2018....Rob ????

Kernow

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
I think as a rule most small and medium frames will take a 125 drop post and large frames 150 drop plus , but many medium will take 150 if your not on the shorter height for that size ,,
as Gary says a 100 mm is not quite enough .
With the reverb just measure how much post you have showing from the seat collar to base of the saddle clamp , you need roughly 40mm plus the amount of drop as a minimum ,
so to fit a 150 drop post you’ll need at least 190mm showing as described above on your existing seat post .

ccrdave

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 16, 2018
uk
I have used reverbs with good and bad results, when they work they are very good but if they start to leak they are a right pain. I now prefer the cable operated ones. To be honest for the money you cant beat the brand X ones from chainreaction.
Dont know if it matters but the specialized dropper has a lay back head which gives a bit more reach to the bars, most of the other droppers are in- line

Kernow

Patreon
Founding Member
Jan 18, 2018
Cornwall uk
There's no rule.
2 of my bikes have 14" seat tube lengths. They both have a 250mm dropper fitted (not reverbs obvs)
My medium Enduro bike (18") set tube has a 170mm reverb.
it all depends on frame design, seat tube length and rider inseam length.
But being able to lower your saddle properly low enables far greater movement on the bike, allows higher bunnyhops, more comfortable manualling, more flamboyance in the air and a lower COG for descending anything steep/rough.
250mm is actually too much for general riding but great on the two bikes I have with them. A slopestyle full sus bike and a 4X hardtail. an allows me to ride them as intended but also pedal them uphills seated.
You also honestly do not need as much drop if you ride clipped in as you do not need to squat or pre-load a bike so much when your feet are attached to your pedals.

As above. get the measuring tape out.
this guide might be handy

How to choose a dropper seatpost | Alltricks (if you need english translation)

1025387d1446220627-late-dropper-post-game-0034383e-462e-4ea0-a9be-ae48fc49b469.png
Blimey who makes a 250 mm dropper ?

Cyclejunkie

Founding Member
Mar 27, 2018
Deal Kent
Fitted a Brand X dropper today to the levo not the easiest of jobs.... £109 for the dropper post...cable seems to stretch straight away had to shorten inner cable which was a pain after I’d spent over a hour fitting it......the remote feels a bit flimsy....routing was pretty straight forward once I’d removed the Plate on the non drive side makes it a lot easier to guild the cable....doesn’t feel as good as my Rock shox Reverb I’ve got on my Gary Fisher (old school 2007 model) but for £109 time will tell....

image.jpg

image.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles