Sam2/jam2 cable routing

MrNice

Jun 25, 2021
Wales
I'm looking to swap out the standard 50mm stem from the c.i.s design and go with a standard 35mm stem.
However, I'm not sure if I should go with the acros headset cover cap, or use the ports on the top of the downtube.

If I was to use the ports on the downtube then is there replacement grommets to use or do I just cut the black plastic flat covers ?

A bad design to say the least ?

steve_sordy

Wedding Crasher
Nov 5, 2018
Lincolnshire, UK
The black plastic flat covers are there in place of the vented ones that were on the bike before they introduced the current through-the-stem design. They had to cover up the holes in the downtube with something. Your Focus dealer will be able to supply some vented covers (like the sort I have). The ports were there to allow air flow to keep the battery cool. I don't know what has happened such that they are no longer viewed as required, experience maybe?

I have zoomed in on a pic I already have of my bike to show the forward facing vented cover. The long edge on the right is open to the air. The vent on the other side has cables going into it and into the frame.
Focus vent.jpg

Just found a better one, of the other side.
Levers front.jpg

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles