Removing gear cable from sam2 2021 model

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
Hey guys I’m looking to puts axs on the sam but had a little wiggle of the existing gear shifter cable before I start this weekend and it seemed well tight! I had the plastic wire cover from within the centre battery housing my off and it did help but still seems very stiff; is it just a matter of pulling hard or is it trapped under the motor? Seems to go underneath it … wondering if I’m missing some clips or something to undo ? Any help appreciated

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
The Jam runs it out of the back of the seat tube base & into the chain stay, the Sam will be v similar. My guess is it's clipped in above the motor to stop cable rub. The motor drops out with six bolts, if you can't free it off, I'd do that.

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
The Jam runs it out of the back of the seat tube base & into the chain stay, the Sam will be v similar. My guess is it's clipped in above the motor to stop cable rub. The motor drops out with six bolts, if you can't free it off, I'd do that.
Ahhh right I see mate, it does seem very tight so I’m hat may be the case

RustyMTB

E*POWAH Elite World Champion
Jul 22, 2020
UK
This is what I have for the Jam, it doesn't show clips but you can see sleeves & the cable plug, items 15 & 28. Might be that it's stiff from running through the chainstay. Guess there's no substitute for getting eyes on it.

Untitled.png

Lee c

Jan 31, 2022
Uk
This is what I have for the Jam, it doesn't show clips but you can see sleeves & the cable plug, items 15 & 28. Might be that it's stiff from running through the chainstay. Guess there's no substitute for getting eyes on it.

View attachment 136172
Ahh yeah that’s a great view mate appreciate that!! I think it just a matter of taking it apart and having a look like you said mate

EMTB Forums

Since 2018

The World's largest electric mountain bike community.

Members
Join Our Community

Latest articles